Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Noob advice - Tiger 900, buy or not?  (Read 825 times)

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
Re: Noob advice - Tiger 900, buy or not?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 08:39:29 AM »
RBW, yes agree with you about the suspension, but the limited tyre choice for the front 21" wheel put me off, and, I would rarely be off the tarmac, "by choice"  :001: :001:

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 01:06:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by madmic [+]
My question is around pricing, a new 900 GP Pro is 13,100, there is a secondhand GT Pro (same spec) 2.5k miles for 12,100. This seems top-end to me? Or is it because these bikes are so in demand with supply shortages?

Do I go for a secondhand GT Pro and get it now - hoping lockdown eases - or plump for a new bike and wait out whatever the waiting list is?

Factory spec with the toys and bits I want ramps the cost up to 14,500  :156: most of this is panniers. Think I could get away with the topbox and a rollbag for long weekends away - what do other people use?

That looks expensive for the second-hand one - perhaps it's scarcity. The 900 has been very popular.

Givi make a topbox fitting for the 900 (SR6415 plus plate), that and a Trekker 58l topbox would give you plenty of luggage space. If you need more, throwover panniers over the rider's seat would probably work and keep them clear of the exhaust.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline madmic

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Z100sx
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 09:42:50 PM »
A great test ride in very cold conditions. Power delivery is different from the Zed, but still a lot of grin factor. Have realised that I very rarely use the full power on the Zed. Steering and tracking were sublime and the bike very easy to handle at slow speeds. Pulled from 50 to 80 in 6th line a train and overtakes were confidently handled without the need to drop a gear.

Only small gripe would be it seems to chug a bit at 28+ in 2nd. Seemed more settled in 3rd. Minor though.

With the screen in the top position my helmet was not getting any air flow to the point of misting up - the screen is great and could feel the wind on my shoulders. Riding position is very comfortable and different to what I've been used to. Did worry I could catch my trouser on the peg when going for the floor. This is likely muscle memory from 5 years on my Zed. Though with the seat in the lower position it's still higher than the Zed - but I do have a lowering kit fitted.

Financials, the dealer is not moving on price, discounted the 2nd hand bike as new is only 1k more. Talked about free accessory fitting with 10% discount onnthese, first service free. Offering 4.9k for the Zed SX Touring with 19k on the clock.

Thinking Black rather than white or red... And am I getting a fair price for mine?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 09:56:36 PM by madmic »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch