Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: When will we be able to ride  (Read 1840 times)

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
Re: When will we be able to ride
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 03:50:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
Better, actually. You've had half the number of deaths per head of population that the UK has.

I was referring in terms of lockdown, it has been much more strict in Ireland than the UK. I could be directly tied to the less amount of death per capita, so like everything... it depends on how you look at it.

Number of deaths, while terrible all together. Are a bit ridiculous...  I was reading the other day that the average was 85 years old, and the top end of that average was 105. So...  was the 'rona really the cause of death of was the poor auld 105 years old soul going to go no matter what???

No one wants deaths, young or old. But not sure how fair it is to keep adding to an already complicated situation, death tolls of people that were on the verge and would have sadly passed regardless.

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by RTV [+]
I was referring in terms of lockdown, it has been much more strict in Ireland than the UK. I could be directly tied to the less amount of death per capita, so like everything... it depends on how you look at it.

Number of deaths, while terrible all together. Are a bit ridiculous...  I was reading the other day that the average was 85 years old, and the top end of that average was 105. So...  was the 'rona really the cause of death of was the poor auld 105 years old soul going to go no matter what???

No one wants deaths, young or old. But not sure how fair it is to keep adding to an already complicated situation, death tolls of people that were on the verge and would have sadly passed regardless.

I suppose the only real measure is the number of deaths over the last five or ten year norm per year. I think we are still above that in the UK but deaths from Flu are well lower.

How many people total have died this year v five and ten year averages? Dont know but will look it up.
2018 Xca.  Suzuki GT380. Yamaha Xmax

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 11:35:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by RTV [+]

Ireland started first lockdown earlier and took it seriously - closing the pubs just before St Patrick's Day was a very serious move, whereas the UK just kept on with superspreader events for an extra week.

It's not just the old who die - they account for most of it but certainly not all. And while there's a large reservoir of infected people, more mutations will occur (although this virus has an enzyme in it which improves copying fidelity, it's an RNA virus so will mutate). There's also long Covid, which can be very debilitating.

Perhaps it's just that those of us who have had it take it more seriously than those who haven't.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 11:40:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Grumps [+]
I suppose the only real measure is the number of deaths over the last five or ten year norm per year. I think we are still above that in the UK but deaths from Flu are well lower.

How many people total have died this year v five and ten year averages? Dont know but will look it up.

Apparently flu deaths are zero. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2021, 08:06:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
... I'm sure the BMF will be on this and update when they conform any change, as they have been doing to date. :027:

Here is the latest update I've just received from the BMF.

http://www.bmf.co.uk/news/show/nmc-issues-new-covid-19-guidance-for-bikers
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics