Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 turn signal dissassembly  (Read 420 times)

Offline krokodil

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
Tiger 900 turn signal dissassembly
« on: February 23, 2021, 01:46:01 AM »
My left front turn blinker started to fail randomly. It looks like there is some loose contact inside the assembly.
When I knock on it it starts working again. My question is how do I open it? I tried to open it with a knife but I am afraid to break it.
There is a small hole with a rubber seal on the back but it does not look like a screw.

Offline VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
Re: Tiger 900 turn signal dissassembly
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
I tried to remove the LH switch gear the other day on my 900 to change the handlebars but gave up,  I did get the top section of the cover off but as I have the heated grips I would have disconnect the cabling that goes under the tank some where?

I have found a few photos since and it seems that there is location pin that you have to lift up to slide the unit off the bars there is a triumph tool to do this or a small flat blade may do it, looking at the lack of information it seems that there ae not many problems with this switch gear it was also used on the last version of the 800 and 1200.

Offline VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 09:15:08 AM »
I just found this USA recall notice that shows how to remove the LH switchgear.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/RCSB-18V302-5493.pdf

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 11:27:48 AM »
Should / is this not covered by warranty, or is it different in the States (or maybe Covid scuppered dealer visits?)

Offline krokodil

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by VicXCrider [+]
I tried to remove the LH switch gear the other day on my 900 to change the handlebars but gave up,  I did get the top section of the cover off but as I have the heated grips I would have disconnect the cabling that goes under the tank some where?

I think my problem is in the blinker itself. I could not post the picture easily because this forum bizarre 100K image size limit,  but it is a small triangle LED thing with LED inside. It could be easily removed, but I have not found a way to open the glass cover.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch