Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Got the new baby home! :)  (Read 1797 times)

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
Re: Got the new baby home! :)
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 05:55:47 PM »
That kickstand is sticking out way more than my 2012 stand does when it's up on the center stand.  Mine is closer to 45 degrees sticking out.

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 09:46:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by hawkbox [+]
That kickstand is sticking out way more than my 2012 stand does when it's up on the center stand.  Mine is closer to 45 degrees sticking out.

yup, today I took it apart and I can clearly see that the bracket was bent at some point. Either if it was done intentionally when it was lowered or if it was just bent with missuse I don't know but what I do know is that I placed an order for a new one and two new bolts and nuts that look a bit mangled as well.

I'm pretty confident that the side stand is the original one measuring about 32cm from the center of the bolt to the base and that doesn't looked modified at all. So I'm pretty the bracket will sort it out.

For now, I'll go with the washer trick but on the upper bolt instead of the lower, that brings it to a more decent height.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!!

Cheers
Rami

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
Just to close this one out, the new bracket arrived and it was 100% the issue that I was having. The bike now leans perfectly fine and it's as managable as any other bike.

For your reference, like I said... in my case the actual bracket for the sidestand didn't line up the square where the sidestand rests, easy to see that the whole thing was bent a little bit. Enough to throw the whole thing out of wack.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Cheers
Rami

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2021, 05:52:57 PM »
Excellent. I'm glad to hear it was that simple. 

Recent Topics