Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Got the new baby home! :)  (Read 1856 times)

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
Re: Got the new baby home! :)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 01:46:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Siberian800 [+]
It looks to me like you have the low version sidestand fitted. The leg stand does stick out at that sort of angle.
If it's been lowered, the stand was probably changed so the bike didn't tip over the other way, especially with a bit of wind!

I think we're getting somewhere now. That's most likely what has happened here I believe...

So to know for sure, is it just the stand itself that changes or the bracket as well?

I suppose that the roadie version has a shorter leg so I'll be curious if you guys could please share the length on your own so I can compare.

I wonder if I need to go to Triumph to get the XC version again (if our theory is correct). I'll start digging into ebay and such.

Thanks folks!!

Offline Siberian800

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 02:02:22 PM »
Looking on Fowler's parts, there are 3 different legs for the gen 3, depending on whether you have the off-road, roadie, or lrh model. Bracket seems to be the same, but I couldn't find the low part listing.

Offline Siberian800

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 02:04:59 PM »
P.S.  welcome to the tiger family!  We need a picture from upon the top of Mohar!

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 02:05:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Siberian800 [+]
Looking on Fowler's parts, there are 3 different legs for the gen 3, depending on whether you have the off-road, roadie, or lrh model. Bracket seems to be the same, but I couldn't find the low part listing.

I have the first gen, 2013. I'll google fowler's, not familiar with it... I imagine it's a dealer  :027:

Offline D6864

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White XC
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 02:44:29 PM »
Is there a washer between the sidestand pivot bracket and the frame, only on the lower bolt? This is a mod to make the sidestand work better on lowered bikes. If so, getting it out will help.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 03:58:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by RTV [+]
I have the first gen, 2013. I'll google fowler's, not familiar with it... I imagine it's a dealer  :027:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/triumph
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 06:12:00 PM »

Thanks for that, I found it right after. As you guys said, there's the lowered option for sure. I'll try to find out the measurements to confirm... according to that, the bracket itself changes as well. Which makes sense as it would have a different angle possibly. I'll further investigate.

*Originally Posted by D6864 [+]
Is there a washer between the sidestand pivot bracket and the frame, only on the lower bolt? This is a mod to make the sidestand work better on lowered bikes. If so, getting it out will help.

I saw that on another post and checked it but no, it's flush to the frame. Good call out though, definitely worth checking!

Thanks folks, I definitely think we're onto something here. Really appreciate your wise knowledge!

Offline rayjay

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XRX DR400
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 07:50:47 PM »
as far as I remember the bracket did change at some point in time due to sidestand switch location change. so when sourcing a replacement you need to get the right one

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 05:55:25 AM »
There is another possibility. You mentioned that the dog bones are shorter than stock, If that's the case then the bike would be raised and that would explain the steeper angle of the bike when leaning on the side stand.
Ie: longer bones= lowering rear of bike. Shorter bones=raising rear of bike. The stock dog bones on a roady or XR/X is six inches on center.

Chico

Offline RTV

• Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 09:34:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
There is another possibility. You mentioned that the dog bones are shorter than stock, If that's the case then the bike would be raised and that would explain the steeper angle of the bike when leaning on the side stand.
Ie: longer bones= lowering rear of bike. Shorter bones=raising rear of bike. The stock dog bones on a roady or XR/X is six inches on center.

Chico

If I said that, I apologize. Bike has the stock dog bones now. It was lowered at some point but now back to stock.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch