Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Review / Rate your other bikes.  (Read 1365 times)

Online PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
Review / Rate your other bikes.
« on: March 01, 2021, 11:23:21 AM »
Following on from another thread, it occurred to me that it would be a nice idea if we could review and rate our other /second bikes for prospective future owners.
I know we are all Tiger fans, but many of us have a second (or third, fourth, fifth) bike.
Have had a search but can't find a similar thread. My apologies if I've missed it.
I can't post a review yet as my second bike will not be with me until May (hopefully).

Who wants to go first?

:031:

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
Re: Review / Rate your other bikes.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 12:58:02 PM »
Theres a 2018 V Strom (650) currently sleeping next to my Tiger. This is an awesome piece of kit; my son rode it to the 2019 Tiger MegaMeet in the Lake District and it performed superbly. Dont be fooled or put off by the lack of cubes, this motor is a peach and more than holds its own with my Tiger. If youre looking to down-size as your old bones get weary and you struggle moving your Tiger around, have a serious look at the little Suzy.
.........., PS, I believe the little Kwak Versys is another pearler, but Ive never ridden one.
Cheers
Geoff
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Trident 660
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 06:23:02 PM »
Or even the Trident 660 if you want to loose weight!!!
From '61>present - '57 BSA C12, RE C/Sports, '59 Tiger 110, '61 T120R, '57 BMW R50, '76 GT185, '69 T120, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, '05 Sprint1050 & '08 Str Triple, Sprint1050, Sp/triple, Sprint1050, SprintGT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & '12 Bonne, '15 XRx,'18 XRt, Trident 660

Offline 93TigerBill

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 01:57:05 AM »
Funny you should say about the Versys 650....
I'm on my second Versys 650, totalled the first one with a 'Roo hit at 120 kph.
My first Versys 650 (both ABS btw), was to replace my '93 Tiger as my LD 'bike.  Versys is very much fit for purpose, more like a road 'bike, but better ergos, and great fuel consumption.
Still have the '93 Tiger, now fully de-farkled.
A '98 KLR650 is still good fun in the dirt, now selling (reluctantly).

That's not counting the KLR250 and a Honda TLR200 at the Farm : just for Fun!
'93 Tiger 885; '12 Tiger 800XC
IBA #45911; FarRider #89

Online Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 01:18:41 PM »
My second bike is a 2017 Bonneville Bobber, the standard Bobber not the Bobber black.

That bike is a beauty and performs very well but I had to do some changes to it: the standard two piston caliper front brake is crap, so I went for a four piston caliper which made braking easier in connection with better pads. The rear shock needed to go as my back started to hurt everytime I hit a pothole. It's a Wilbers now and that made handling better and improved the comfort.

A little luggage on the rear fender and a tiny flyscreen went onto it. It's my everyday bike, the Tiger is more or less for long distance travel and right now as the Bobber as a season plate so I have to wait for April to ride it again.

Would I buy the Bobber again? Of course...
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 06:14:43 PM »
After hankering after a Royal Enfield Interceptor since they were announced, I got a chrome one last September and only managed 3,000 miles in the intervening 6 months, but absolutely love it. No real negatives; the standard seat is a bit cruel and rear brake is just a round gear lever, but that's mainly personal issues. 75 mpg, plenty fast enough for me and a lovely ride. The biggest headache is which bike to take out, when the opportunity arises!

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 06:23:40 PM »
My 2nd bike has been relegated to "winter hack" status due to the excellence of the 800 XRT.

It's a BMW F800 ST and it got mothballed due to unreliability and cramped (compared to a Adventure style bike) ergonomics.

Was very light with centre of gravity nice and low and sipped petrol too.

Offline jeffa

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 cbr600
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 08:31:21 PM »
My second bike is a CBR600fm 1991 which I rebuilt 12 years ago, I got it featured in Practical Sportbikes magazine. Its a keeper, runs like a watch, great bike, easy to work on
My third bike is a VFR800 fi 1998, great gear driven cam engine, Honda quality, maybe a keeper

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 02:16:14 PM »
My second bike is a T120 Black. Mrs Zero finds it a huge struggle to get on and off the Tiger, so I've had a succession of other bikes to see what suits us for touring (if we can ever do that again). I had a Bonnie SE which was a bit cramped for me, and a Scrambler 900 which Mrs Zero didn't like because the high pipes meant an offset footpeg on the right side which also happens to be where her bad knee is. The T120 has lots of poke and is comfortable for both of us. I've put the K&Q seat on to stop her trying to occupy my bit of seat and to raise the seat slightly, plus a screen and some luggage and a DIY cruise control (works the same as the Triumph one but the push-button switch cost under a fiver rather than the 300 of the replacement Triumph switchgear).

Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 06:25:46 PM »
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Recent Topics