Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Review / Rate your other bikes.  (Read 1368 times)

Offline T-Rever

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: Review / Rate your other bikes.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 07:09:00 PM »
My other bike is a Kawasaki W650, it won,t set the world alight, but they are a well built, easy to maintain bike for a rider of advancing years., but to put a real smile on my face, I fire up my 1960 Matchless 350. When I see riders complaining about poor brakes on modern bikes,  they should try an older machine.  0 to 60 mph is about two weeks, but they are fun.

Offline louthtiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XCX
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 08:42:25 PM »
As well as my 2016 Tiger XCX with 42k miles, I have a 2013 Bonneville T100 owned from new for summer riding with 13k miles, I love its low seat height and is plenty powerful enough for country lanes and even motorways.
I also have a 2002 Ducati ST4S, bought on an E-bay whim which sounds beautiful and goes like the wind but needed some fettling to get it running and the riding position is crippling for my ageing bones!   

Online Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
My second bike is a Scrambler 1200 XC. Having had Street Triples, 900 Scrambler EFI, Street Twin and T120 as second bikes Im well settled with the big scrambler.

Looks the business, lovely real world power delivery for scratching, brakes and suspension all quality items too. Whats not to love as a single person hooner 😎

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 04:15:46 PM »
My other "bike" is also a Triumph.....

2 seats still, but it has 4 wheels

Triumph Spitfire

Offline kempy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: MK1 800XC 2010
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 04:33:41 PM »
I've not had my "other bike" that long, I  have had a number of enduro bikes and bought this from a mate having never even ridden it! - I must say that compared to my other recent dirt bikes (GasGas EC300, Honda XR400) I was a little underwhelmed with it's performance/power. However, I am however getting older and just wanted another smaller bike for the green lanes and bimbling round in the Peaks, and this Honda CRF250L does that very well. I was also drawn to the low maintenance it gives compared to my previous more racey bikes which needed a lot more servicing/maintenance and running costs etc.

I'm sure it will grow on me more once were allowed back out on the lanes  :028:

It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll

Offline Simon007

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 04:47:13 PM »
My other bikes are Triumphs, 76 Bonneville T140V and a 20128 Speedmaster 1200  :001:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »
I still have my 79 T140E Bonneville which hasn't been on the road for a few years now due to circumstances (cost of running 2 bikes, no parking, etc.) and is currently stripped down and stored but hoping to start a rebuild later this year as last full cosmetic overhaul was for the 50th Bonneville celebrations arena back in August 2009. The other problem is no garage does it no favours and bike covers just hold in the corrosive condensation (only space for 1 in front garden of terraced houses, obviously the Tiger).

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 09:37:46 AM »
Was going to reply last week and post my beloved Fazer 8, but suddenly the opportunity
to buy my forever dreambike arose, it was in such great condition for a 8yo steed and
such a rush to ride, much different than the triple for a change, that I had to buy it !

Online PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 01:44:48 PM »
Nice 👌
You can still write a review of the Fazer.
Someone may be thinking of buying one.
That really was the intention of my original post.
Please let us know about the Ducati when you are ready.

Cheers
 :031:

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by PapaTom [+]
Nice 👌
You can still write a review of the Fazer.
Someone may be thinking of buying one.
That really was the intention of my original post.
Please let us know about the Ducati when you are ready.

Cheers
 :031:

Sure thing, still getting aquainted with the Ducati, need more time on the road and tweeks
in ergos and supensions.

Then here goes my now gone but very dependable Fazer 8.

Was the last year of the model before the now, (in my opinion) badly put together and finished
MT series, this Fazer for it's last year received an injection improvement, a new comfy anti slip
seat, a new exhaust looking nice and what was missing the V1.0, fully adjustable suspensions.

This really is a do it all machine made my life easy and a bit sporty, for 17'000km, the highlight
of this engine is a very well placed torque peak, just before 6K rpm kicking you in the nuts, with
15Nm in about 600rpm and then it becomes a full on sportbike, with insane roar from the airbox.

If you manage to see one, test it you'll be surprised how fun this machine is !
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 05:19:09 PM by Djairouks »

Recent Topics