Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ride height  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Alan215

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
Re: Ride height
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 12:42:01 AM »
Hello Im 5ft6 and got standard with low seat but like people say works out same as spreads your legs but I lowered it 20mm on the dog bones and u can still use Center stand and side stand without altering them

Offline benx

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 800xr
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 01:49:40 AM »
I'm 5'8 with a roadie and can get my feet half planted with seat in low position. I would have thought the low bikes would severely reduce cornering angles, in other words fun riding. Is that true?

Offline felix

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 04:52:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2wheelstony [+]
Hi,

At what inside leg would you move from a "LOW" to a standard XR800?

In other words, would someone 5'4" be able to ride a standard bike
AND/OR...
Would someone 5'10" be able to ride a LOW?

I'm hoping to purchase one soon, but there aren't any local we can both try out so I may end up buying on-line and getting one delivered.

TIA

Have you considered a standard Xrx .... but with the low seat ?
You could swap between standard and low seats to suit the rider ....
I have one, it's not for sale or available for test rides .....  but your welcome to have a sit on it

I'm in Harrogate if that's any use to you...

😃

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 08:34:37 AM »
Silly question but what are dog bones?
Are they just a bent suspension arm? .... I'll google it lol

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 09:26:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by 2wheelstony [+]
Silly question but what are dog bones?
Are they just a bent suspension arm? .... I'll google it lol

Dog bones are the suspension linkages from bottom of suspension unit linking to the swing arm.  There are two, one either side of the bottom of the suspension unit and they look a little like a dog biscuit, hence the name.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Selbatsd51

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 10:21:53 AM »
Hi I'm around 5' 11" and ride a 2019 Tiger 800 XrX Low.  I have knee issues and found the standard height bike too high.  I have fitted a standard height comfort seat and some 20mm raising links (yes they do do them) and the height is now perfect for me; I think the seat height is now around the 800-810mm mark.

Triumph have recently confirmed that the carrying capacity of the Low variant is the same as the standard height bike, the lowering factor is obtained by reduced suspension travel. 

Some people complain of scraping the footrests on aggressive cornering, but I don't have this problem as I obviously do not ride aggressively enough!  I do find that the slightly reduced G of G makes the bike seem slightly less top heavy than a standard height bike and the handing feels better.

In its present guise the bike suits me perfectly and I can ride all day without any problems.

I use either a paddock stand or an Abba stand when working on the bike depending on whether I want to raise just the rear wheel (chain maintenance) or both wheels.
Hope this helps.

Offline Rick B

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 03:37:13 PM »
Im 5',6",with 29" inside leg,and i found mt standard XRT quite alright,but what did help was that i changed from my old tourer boots with a flat sole to  some Formal ow height ADV boots with a combat sole and it seems to work for me having a bit more grip and also the little height that the ADV boot gives.
The Perfect Woman,
A deaf and dumb nymphomaniac that runs an off-licence!

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 04:11:44 PM »
thanks for replies guys.
I've just tried a standard bike with the seat in the low position and I think that's ok for me.... so I bought it  :001:

Offline Ragtop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 800 XCA
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »
Congratulations! With the amount of email reply notifications I've had on this thread I feel like I've been shopping with you  :001:

Don't forget to set the preload up for your own weight and typical luggage - that can have a subtle effect on the height of the bike when you're sat on it. Although, when I configured it for my XC (hoping for a little more sag), I ended up having to dial it up more!

Recent Topics