Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 XC immobiliser  (Read 2538 times)

Offline handyandy1

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800XR
Re: Tiger 800 XC immobiliser
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 10:26:44 AM »
Does the bike  have a Dayatool alarm fitted?

Offline BundyJD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 05:10:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by handyandy1 [+]
Does the bike  have a Dayatool alarm fitted?

No.

Ive put it all back together and the dash lights up as it should, with no immobiliser light on.  Just need to take it for a decent ride and let is sit for a while to see if the problem has really gone away.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 12:29:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by BundyJD [+]
So it looks like the immobiliser ring antenna can be replaced by just pulling a couple of pins out of the ignition switch connector block.

Does anybody know what type of connector this is?  Having some trouble getting the pins out by the usual method of sliding something sharp in from the front to release a plastic tab...

I think the connector type is the same as for the left-hand switchgear on a T120, which I tried to extract a couple of blanking plugs from to put in a cruise control. Failed miserably. I had the replacement pins too, which made it really annoying. Finished up using Scotchblocks. Aha, pin type is JST SWPT-001T-025, not that that matters now.

Is the antenna potted up, or can you dissect it and see if there's a visible fault? Just wondering if they would potentially be repairable.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline BundyJD

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 10:25:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
I think the connector type is the same as for the left-hand switchgear on a T120, which I tried to extract a couple of blanking plugs from to put in a cruise control. Failed miserably. I had the replacement pins too, which made it really annoying. Finished up using Scotchblocks. Aha, pin type is JST SWPT-001T-025, not that that matters now.

Is the antenna potted up, or can you dissect it and see if there's a visible fault? Just wondering if they would potentially be repairable.

Im glad Im not the only one that couldnt get those pins out. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way - solder and heat shrink, then taped up.

I couldnt see any way to get the antenna housing apart, but will have a closer look.  Unfortunately its cold and bucketing down here for the next few days, so might be a while before I can be 100% sure its fixed.  I guess at least I will know if heat soak is going to kill it again or not, but might be a while before we get any more 30+ degree days.

Offline D6864

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White XC
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 11:54:52 AM »
I think this is the extractor tool:
JST Crimp Extraction Tool, YRS Series

Not exactly a bargain, but looks like you could grind the tip of a suitable size hex key to make your own.

Offline BundyJD

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 06:54:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by D6864 [+]
I think this is the extractor tool:
JST Crimp Extraction Tool, YRS Series

Not exactly a bargain, but looks like you could grind the tip of a suitable size hex key to make your own.

Holy cow  :114:

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
Holy cow  :114:

well it is RS  :007:

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 11:05:14 AM »
Im glad Im not the only one that couldnt get those pins out. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way - solder and heat shrink, then taped up.

I've never had too much problem removing these type of contacts, but the key is having spare connectors & contacts in hand to see how they fit together. Once you know that it's usually falrly easy to disassemble. Special extraction tools are often expensive and not always necessary if you can make something similar.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 11:23:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
... Special extraction tools are often expensive and not always necessary if you can make something similar.

:0461:  Last week I did some electrical work on my daughters car using AMP Superseal connectors and have a couple of spares that need the cut off cable/terminals removing for re-use (I have spare terminals). Separate simple extraction tools required for male/female pins at similar silly prices. 2 minute search on YouTube and a clip how to make effective tools from 2 old jigsaw blades and a flap wheel on a hand grinder. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline pme

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xrx lrh 2018
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 04:37:28 PM »
Just confirmed the price with jst, the guy said it was cheaper to buy direct from them rather than RS at only 196,46!!!!!!

bought these instead for 4.99 on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36x-Car-Terminal-Removal-Tool-Wire-Plug-Connector-Extractor-Puller-Release-Pin/402735926398?hash=item5dc4ee8c7e:g:0m4AAOSw0KJgRfX7
36x Car Terminal Removal Tool Wire Plug Connector Extractor Puller Release Pin

spot on for the money!
Also DRZ400sm for forest tracks, previous bikes:- Honda SS50, BSA 250SS80, Yamaha RD125, Yamaha TY250, Honda CBR600, Honda Africa Twin XRV750, Kawasaki KMX200, Kawasaki KDX200, Kawasaki KLX250

Recent Topics

winded-staunch