Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Engine management light on after dead battery  (Read 2578 times)

Offline 6172dave

• Tiger Cub
Engine management light on after dead battery
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:13:49 AM »
I left the aux lights on and killed the battery { I know, dumb ass}. I charged the battery 12.3 volts now. 14.2 volts with the engine running. The EML stays on all of the time. Any ideas?
TIA, Dave

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Engine management light on after dead battery
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:42:35 AM »
Just ride the bike as usual 3 times .... or run it up to temperature, let it cool and repeat twice more. 3 heat cycles (provided no fault still present/fault cleared) and light will go off. It isn't unusual for simple things like disconnecting and reconnecting battery (and probably your dead battery) to trigger a fault light.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline 6172dave

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 07:33:33 PM »
YAHOO! As advertised running it up to temp and letting it cool 3 times cleared the light. All good now. Thanks everyone.

Offline Popeye

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 05:38:49 PM »
Hi there,

Having a similar problem after battery replacement. Found out the error code is 1552 n related to open/short relay of cooling fan. Did a complete cycle of fan kicking in and go off, but the error is still there. Will do it three times as mentioned above, hope it will sort out the warning. Is there any way to reset it manually, eg:- i had an error with cruise control and found out it happens after the replacement of heated grips and the sequence to clear it was given in the forum😊😊.

Thanks in advance

Offline TigerNige

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 09:30:09 PM »
Had similar when my battery failed, was shortly going abroad (in 3 days time !) so had my local mechanic reset it rather than the 3 heat cycles. He didn't have the genuine  Triumph computer gear, but his own system reset the EML and came up with the same cooling fan relay code.  By the way, His gear couldn't reprogram my replacement TPMS sensors though, that seems to be one you need triumphs service tool for.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 04:00:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by TigerNige [+]
By the way, His gear couldn't reprogram my replacement TPMS sensors though, that seems to be one you need triumphs service tool for.
....or use TigerTool.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline TigerNige

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 12:04:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
....or use TigerTool.
That,s interesting When I replaced mine (Battery's gone) a couple of years ago, the only thing that seemed to be able to set up the TPMS was the Triumph dealer equipment.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 03:15:47 PM »
Version 3 of Tigertool, released the middle of last year, has the addition of the TPMS section.  :028:

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline TigerNige

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Version 3 of Tigertool, released the middle of last year, has the addition of the TPMS section.  :028:
Thanks, that's worth knowing, I drew a total blank on that when I changed mine. Although my 2012 ones lasted 6 years so hopefully I wont need to do that again (unless I update my Tiger !) :015:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 04:52:38 PM »

Recent Topics