Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - stock bar risers and flipping them 180 degrees  (Read 505 times)

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
Has anyone successfully reversed the bar risers 180 degrees on a Tiger 900 (Rally Pro) ? On the 800 and 1200 you can reverse the risers to raise the bars and push them away a small amount for a better standing position but having just removed the top clamps and released the bar, the risers seem firmly attached on the 900 ?

Thanks

RBW.

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - stock bar risers and flipping them 180 degrees
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:18:53 PM »
Finally found the (embarassingly simple) answer from this vid at 7:40.  Can't believe I had undone the hex bolts and couldnt figure this out  :084: .

Will have a go tomorrow evening.

RBW.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 09:28:45 PM »
 :027: ... looks exactly the same as the 800.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:01:49 PM »
ok, so not as simple as I hoped. 

In the video posted, at one point its mentioned that the changing the bar position wasnt that successful which I assumed meant it didnt make much difference.  What I now think having just had a go in flipping the risers is that they didnt manage to make the change and put it back to standard.

The reason it doesnt work with the stock bar riser bolts is that when you flip the bigger and smaller bolts (larger bolt at top before the flip, but at the bottom after the 180 degree flip) the threaded whole that it anchors to isnt big enough for the larger bolt.

Has anyone managed this successfully, and did you need to change the bolt sizes (Tiger 900) ?

RBW.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 09:37:09 PM »
Looks like Triumph have, for some reason, removed the ability to swivel the riser. Here, just one I found that you can enlarge, is a pic of the 800 yoke setup which did have both holes threaded 10mm for securing the riser either orientation as you were expecting. :151:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-Top-Upper-Triple-Clamp-Tree/362742462749?hash=item547522b91d:g:IeUAAOSweopdVABz
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics