Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hepco and Becker upper tank protection bars issue. Tiger 900  (Read 2221 times)

Offline flyingburrito

• Tiger Member
  • Knees in the breeze
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Re: Hepco and Becker upper tank protection bars issue. Tiger 900
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 07:14:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
If a company doing all sorts of protective parts, replies "good and tight" I would be pretty
ticked off, because then do they really know what they do and have a research design team
doing they jobs and not only people designing bars anyhow withtout much testing...

Just for clarification...The retailer was the one who stated "good and tight"...I can't really fault them.     If H and B did not supply specs, what more could the retailer say.         This is solely on H and B.

*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Just guessing the H&B bolts are a longer version of the OEM bolts they replace, wouldn't the same torque apply?

They are not the same OEM style bolts.  The OEM bolts have no markings.  The hardware supplied from H and B are 8.8 metric.   It's unknown what grade the OEM bolts are.

2020 Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Check out my Rally Pro vids @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS6zojgZ5rzWpKNf1_MPf9Q/videos

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Hepco and Becker upper tank protection bars issue. Tiger 900
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 07:27:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by flyingburrito [+]

They are not the same OEM style bolts.  The OEM bolts have no markings.  The hardware supplied from H and B are 8.8 metric.   It's unknown what grade the OEM bolts are.

The oem bolts wouldn't be less than 8.8 & unlikely stronger. oem torque value imho would be fine.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch