Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Broken aux cover / accessory outlet cover  (Read 340 times)

Offline BurntEnds

• Tiger Cub
Broken aux cover / accessory outlet cover
« on: March 08, 2021, 07:28:24 PM »
On a 2013 ABS Road version --- lifted the tank up but forgot that I had a device plugged into the Aux power port next to the ignition and the cover snapped off. Clearly this powered port isn't a place where I'd want rain to gather, and it doesn't look like there's any way to fix this as the plastic is snapped. I'm trying to figure out how to replace the Aux socket itself, but can't quite figure out what I need to remove to access the port. Is there another option besides replacing the whole socket?

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Broken aux cover / accessory outlet cover
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 10:58:03 PM »
There are some aftermarket Hella sockets which come with a rubber cover which fits into the socket, maybe you can use one of those...
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline BurntEnds

• Tiger Cub
Re: Broken aux cover / accessory outlet cover
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 10:44:04 PM »
Well looks like there's more going on here than I wanted. The socket is very janky now and loose inside. Looks like I will just be replacing the whole works if I can figure out how to get all that plastic off around the ignition. Can't believe I have to pull the side panels, pull the tank, remove the plastics from basically the entire bike for this.

Recent Topics