Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Converting Triumph pannier racks to Givi Monokey Racks  (Read 311 times)

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
Converting Triumph pannier racks to Givi Monokey Racks
« on: March 11, 2021, 11:15:49 AM »
Just bought my bike and it came with the standard pannier racks on but no luggage.

However, I kept my old Givi luggage from my old bike to fit onto this one. But its Monokey road style rather than the triumph boxes.

Looked at buying new Givi racks but then came up with the "cheaper" option of converting these.

The bottom 2 lugs are in the same place so a quick look on eBay saw a Lug kit which was duly ordered.

From then on it was a simple job to remove the bolted on Triumph bracket, Line up and mark the new top lug mounting point, Drill the holes and bolt the new lug on.

Hey presto... 20 instead of hundreds!

Offline Elmer J Fudd

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
Re: Converting Triumph pannier racks to Givi Monokey Racks
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 11:52:41 AM »
Nice job, but a word of caution.

The standard frame has welded ferrules for the bolt holes to reinforce them. Your frames are susceptible to bending when dismounting a sticky pannier or weight applied, with those two holes close together.

If you don't want to insert ferrules and weld up (meaning a refinish) perhaps reinforce behind the frame with a bit of painted bar and extend out to the original holes?

Then again, you may never have an issue......

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
Re: Converting Triumph pannier racks to Givi Monokey Racks
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:57:55 PM »
 That's a very good point and one which I have also thought about. Definitely going to add a bar to the back to brace it better.

Recent Topics