Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottoil Traveller  (Read 2266 times)

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Scottoil Traveller
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 01:39:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
Your Scottoiler looks different to mine, is it an electronic version? Mines the standard type 

It's going to sit where the tool kit was. I removed it off the bike as it's got sod all that you're going to use if you break down anyway.

Yes, mine's the eSystem, I have the vSystem on my other bikes, got the touring kit that fits behind number plate on one, that's been on 5 bikes up to now, lasts all year.

:492: yeah, toolkit is pitiful. I have a tool-tube fitted to me rack with puncture gubbins.

Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 01:50:11 PM »
According to Scottoil, they are superceding the HCR Magnum with this new Traveller.

Gonna be a lot of people unhappy about this.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 02:19:27 PM »
According to Scottoil, they are superceding the HCR Magnum with this new Traveller.

Gonna be a lot of people unhappy about this.

They said that when they brought out the long bag about 10 years ago. Look now, selling um of at bargain price.
https://www.scottoiler.com/product/magnum-hcr-touring-reservoir-chainoiler/

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 02:37:05 PM »
Selling them off ridiculously cheap. Shame they don't still do the slipper block. Loved that. My chain was always gleaming.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 02:56:31 PM »
Selling them off ridiculously cheap. Shame they don't still do the slipper block. Loved that. My chain was always gleaming.

Had to google the slipper block, never seen one.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 03:54:22 PM »
I bought the first one they ever made and had it on my Speed Four. Some people had issues with it breaking off but it was fine for me.

Until Scottoil got in touch and said they were sending me a new improved model. Next day on an advanced run, riding home and heard a strange clunk. Got home and my scottoiler was bone dry and the back of my bike looked like I'd rode through an oil spill. After the new model was fitted it was perfect, but they stopped making it soon after.

Online tauzero

• Tiger Master
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
They said that when they brought out the long bag about 10 years ago. Look now, selling um of at bargain price.
https://www.scottoiler.com/product/magnum-hcr-touring-reservoir-chainoiler/

The problem with it was that it pushed the numberplate back and on a lot of bikes that took it out of the illumination area of the numberplate light, which is illegal. I had them on a couple of spineback Triumphs but I think they were deemed incompatible with the later bikes.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2021, 04:19:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
The problem with it was that it pushed the numberplate back and on a lot of bikes that took it out of the illumination area of the numberplate light, which is illegal. I had them on a couple of spineback Triumphs but I think they were deemed incompatible with the later bikes.

The Gen1 T800 wasn't strong enough, my pal had dealer fit one on his brand new T800, the mudguard broke off on his way home. That happened with a few bikes, I had thet touring ressie on all 3 Sprints, it's now on my traillie 'cos no suitable place to fit the oiler.

Offline Snownorge

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrx
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2021, 06:23:02 PM »
Mine came with reservoir clipped to coolant hose,guess it helps thin the oil in winter  :027: never a problem in UK summer's.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 07:12:10 PM »
As promised.

Plenty of plastic hose to give you scope for positioning. Instructions are sure though. Useless pictograms. Makes an IKEA set of instructions look like a workshop manual in comparison.

Cut hose to length. Push plastic fitting into the hose. Remove the rubber part off the reservoir and ditch the breather pipe. Push another plastic part into the end of the rubber part and screw the 2 plastic connectors together. Gravity does the rest.

Won't get chance to test it's all working till the weekend.

Recent Topics