Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Eastern beaver  (Read 486 times)

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Eastern beaver
« on: March 22, 2021, 12:27:03 PM »
I've done a search and can't find anything that matches my question.

I fitted an Eastern Beaver fuse board a couple of years ago. I only ever had my satnav attached to it. I was looking online and it seems that 1 of the 3 fused plugs should be permanently live. I've tested mine just and all 3 are only powered with the ignition on. Is this right?  Or was a different version made, the website says it only comes as 1 model so should be a permanent live on 1 of the leads.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Eastern beaver
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 02:43:39 PM »
I found a set of instructions that seems to indicate all 3 circuits are ignition switched but the second paragraph implies there was a kit that did have an unswitched live circuit ... the fuse with the red wire. :027:

http://www.easternbeaver.com/3cs_install-new.pdf
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »
Link won't work for me. I'll take another look online and see what I can find.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 03:51:11 PM »
 Yeah after reading that, it would seem that there were 2 different types. My wires look different to the pictured fuse panel. My red and black wires have a red and 2 black wires in the plug. The black and yellow and black and white are just single wires.

It's not an issue, I'm thinking about the Innovv K2 cameras and a permanent live would have been ideal with a plug and play type fitting.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 04:32:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
I've done a search and can't find anything that matches my question.

I fitted an Eastern Beaver fuse board a couple of years ago. I only ever had my satnav attached to it. I was looking online and it seems that 1 of the 3 fused plugs should be permanently live. I've tested mine just and all 3 are only powered with the ignition on. Is this right?  Or was a different version made, the website says it only comes as 1 model so should be a permanent live on 1 of the leads.

Jim makes different versions. You can have two switched and one live or all three live or all three switched. You specify what you want at the time of order. You also need to say whether you want CANbus compatibility or not.
Sounds like you purchased the all three switched version.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 05:51:14 AM »
Just had an email back from them. Guys called Dave now, not Jim. He said they did make my kit but no longer do. So it was all 3 switched lives. I was only checking after the electrical faults I had last year have got me paranoid.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 09:17:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
Just had an email back from them. Guys called Dave now, not Jim. He said they did make my kit but no longer do. So it was all 3 switched lives. I was only checking after the electrical faults I had last year have got me paranoid.

The owner of Eastern Beaver is Jim Davis. Dave may be an employee.

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 05:55:20 AM »
The email said the guy was called Dave that builds all the electrical parts and runs the shop  :027:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch