Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tiger 900 gt & rally  (Read 729 times)

Offline bazthebike

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xcx explorer
tiger 900 gt & rally
« on: March 24, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
Hi all, has anyone else noticed that some main dealers are discounting the 900gt and rally ?. Quite surprising considering they said these bikes would sell out. Seems to be the same bikes on ebay/bike trader been there for months. Is it a covid lockdown thing or are these bikes overpriced. I was all for swapping my gen2 explorer for gt pro but glad i didnt pull the trigger. Put luggage on gt pro and its more expensive than my explorer was. The gt pro may be good but its no way near an explorer.(imo).

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
Re: tiger 900 gt & rally
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 05:34:02 PM »
Can't say I've noticed that at all in Canada.

Offline Explorer

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: GT Pro&Scrambler
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 05:41:28 PM »
Two points I would make in reply.

Yes the GT Pro is being discounted. I have recently traded in my Gen2 Explorer for one...with luggage, and am well pleased.
Yes, with luggage it is not a cheap bike. But its a great ride, almost like a sports bike compared to the Explorer. The only reason I got rid of my Explorer was I finally had too much of the weight. I have ridden Explorers since 2013 and it just got too heavy...(me being an old git who often rides 2 up with luggage.)

Try one, just for a laugh.

Offline Adey Bee

• Tiger Master
  • Must change that Avatar, new one is white
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 11:43:08 PM »
 Got to agree with you regarding the weight of the Explorer, ive owened all 3 gens of the 800 and rode the 900 GT pro and Rally pro several times, done thousands and thousands of miles on them sometime 2 up with full luggage all over Europe, absolutely love the bike, but when ive ridden the 1200, which I have many times, ive got to say I find it "agricultural" compared to an 800, I just dont get all the extra weight for what ? only time my mates over take me on their 1200's is on a motorway when the Tiger as topped out.
Bandit 1250, Tiger 800 XC, Tiger 800 XCA, Tiger 800XRT

Offline bazthebike

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xcx explorer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 07:41:38 AM »
Have tried the 900 twice but the price puts me off. At some point will need lighter bike as getting older and 28" inseam two up with luggage isnt easy.

Offline Explorer

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 07:03:23 PM »
I wouldnt let the price put you off. Consider this...a new Tiger 1200 now costs a basic 14,300...without adding any extras. What will the replacement cost when it is eventually released? With luggage I would expect it will be somewhere close to 19,000.

Makes the top of the range GT Pro look like a good deal.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 08:32:14 PM »
As good as the Rally Pro is you can get a new 1290 KTM SAS for less. Thats alot more bike for the money. Understandably there are reliability issues but alot of people will sell it before the warranty runs out. Also if your looking to go offroad a 700 Tenere would be a much better bike with reliability or a KTM and they have the off road heritage.

Offline Explorer

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 08:40:57 PM »
I thought the basic 1290 was nearer 15000 as opposed to 13,100 for the GT Pro?

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 08:46:43 PM »
They were but are discounted now same as the Explorer.

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 03:27:38 AM »
I too have ridden he Explorer Gen I and II since 2012 and changed to the GT Pro on the 12 month and have covered 2000+ kms already. I was concerned that I would miss many features of the Explorer with its turbine smooth 1200 and the grunt but I have found the 900 nimble and grunt enough for me it also sounds like a motorcycle. The biggest benefit is less weight and lower C of G I can park it and move it around the garage with feeling I'm going to drop it I also love the TFT screen and the technology that goes with it. My Sat Nav does work fine.
If anyone is thinking of one then a decent time in the seat for a test ride is needed which I could not have as there are no demonstrators here in NZ and my initial thought was "What have I done" but not many kms later I was growing into it and am now very happy.
By the way white is the fastest!  :046:
You are only jealous as the voices are seeking to me!

Recent Topics