Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lost key of Tiger 800 XRX 2016  (Read 528 times)

Offline Dickinson

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Lost key of Tiger 800 XRX 2016
« on: March 24, 2021, 06:47:41 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my first question. I bought my Tiger some days ago and I only received one key from the seller. He not even had the 4-digit metal piece.

I've been reading some old posts, so I just want to know what'd be the best way to get a copy from the only key I have. A local dealer told me that
the best way would be purchasing a new blank uncut key from Trimph store. When it arrives, he can cut it and codify it.

Is that the best (and cheapest) option?

The store where I saw the replacement is: 2016 Triumph Tiger Key, Blank, Immobiliser. Switch, Ignition, Lockset - T2504558 | HERMYS TRIUMPH eSTORE, Port Clinton PA

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: Lost key of Tiger 800 XRX 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 07:40:31 PM »
If you want a key with a transponder in it, then AFAIK going the dealer route is the only way to go.

you can get a key cut that will work mechanically (if you want to open panniers) or if you want to usew in the ignition lock with the transponder nearby

Offline Dickinson

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
Thanks healdem,

I'm in Colombia and there aren't active local dealers of Triumph here now  :006:

There're some Triumph guys here who have the scanner and tools, so they told me that I need to buy the key by myself and then they can cut it and codify it.

I found this site: https://www.triumphestore.com/Triumph_2016_Tiger-XRx.html Is that a trust site for this matter?

Appreciate your help and advice

Offline jackOkeef

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger800 xrt
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 09:20:45 AM »
A good local locksmith can do it ,in this country anyway.  Took a minute to check the type / code from the original , then sent away  for a copy ,then ( in his van ) cut a new one . I forget how much
( something like 20 quid ) but bet it was cheaper than going to dealer .Worked fine.

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 06:15:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dickinson [+]
Is that a trust site for this matter?
Appreciate your help and advice
Although I have no personal experience with Hermy's, the dealership is well known and has been in business for a long time - many decades.
I don't doubt that they're as good as any Triumph dealer and probably better than some.
Although I haven't done business with Hermy's, I wouldn't hesitate from anything I've read or heard.
Good luck.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Recent Topics