Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What are the best fit replacement indicators?  (Read 293 times)

Offline Johannes

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
What are the best fit replacement indicators?
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:38:05 PM »
I got a replacement indicator for the front nearside last October. just before i put my Tiger 800 to bed for the winter.

Attempted to fit the replacement... Can't remember where i sourced it, but what a faff. The ribbed 'flexible' section isn't flexible at all. and the cable hole and fixing hole are about 5mm out on centres. I ended up shaving 5 mm off the front of the base of the unit to get it to fit into the dwell in the plastic fairing. Along with having to change the square connector to inline bullets.

Needless to say. This will be a temporary fix. I want to fit a good quality replacement. Which i have done previously on all 3 other indicators. The problem is that i can't remember where i got the other 3 from. But obviously some of the aftermarket parts are of dubious specification and quality.

Any suggestions as to where i might source a good fit, flexi-stem aftermarket indicator?

Thanks in advance. David

Offline Johannes

• Tiger Member
Re: What are the best fit replacement indicators?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26:23 PM »
Let me try again: Any recommendation for replacement indicators for 2011-2014 Tiger 800?

TA

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 12:39:51 PM »
Yes the Triumph Aluminium bodied led accessory indicators. You also need the led relay. Can't remember if it comes as part of kit or not though.

Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Johannes

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 12:50:42 PM »
Thanks. I think that that kit is quite expensive. Was trying to keep things simple. Have replaced all other 3 since owning the bike fine. However, i can't remember where i sourced each failed unit from. But they're good quality (albeit conventional lamps), bendy good fitting items. This last one that i got last September almost looks like it's for another model it's such an poor fit.

Don't really want to replace all 4 for the sake of one. Good call though. Cheers.

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »

I've had good service with these (bottom pic) - replaced all 4 blinkers and have not had any issues with fitting, operation or the auto-cancel function

if you fancy these, let me know and I'll try to find the part number for you
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Recent Topics