Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wilber Front Springs (finally)  (Read 347 times)

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Wilber Front Springs (finally)
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:00:46 PM »
Well after a bit of hassle actually getting firm information on the correct part I received my new zero friction Wilbers progressive front fork springs yesterday, after nearly 6 weeks since ordering. Had fork seal and oil renewal planned as dust seals covered in age related cracks so seemed obvious time to do a straight forward little upgrade.

I initially contacted Squaredeals who advertised them but their customer service response on model suitability was pretty pitiful. My 2nd email with a simple question wasn't even answered. There is a reference on the spring listing to a kit, but no further information and I couldn't glean it from Wilbers home German site either, so I contacted Derchef1960 here who was kind enough to email Wilbers direct and obtain the answer .... which was that the reference basically advised to get the task done professionally but in reality was only 'check for fork bush wear and renew if needed, change fork seals and fork oil'. They did recommend a UK firm for this and it was in the end them who were able to actually sort and order the correct springs for my XRt ... www.revssuspension.co.uk

So now just waiting on better weather and time to service. The springs advice 5wt fork oil and 140mm air gap but I had already bought 2 bottles of 7.5wt so I'll put that in and see how it goes as I am currently around 105kg in full winter gear.

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Wilber Front Springs (finally)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 06:14:02 PM »
making me two years older?.....that is doubling the drinks you owe me matey
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 06:53:48 PM »
:191: ... oops, I shouldn't have relied on memory ... ok, at least now you have 4yrs until you get as confused as me. :492: .... :031:
Stevie.P1958
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »
I used Revs to rebuild the rear shocks on my ZRX. They went in looking like they came out of the canal. They came back looking brand new. Good bunch of guys.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch