Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Low issues  (Read 412 times)

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: others
Low issues
« on: March 31, 2021, 04:21:02 PM »
I've been riding my 2017 XRx low for a few weeks now and was a wee bit surprised at the number of foot peg scrapes on roundabouts and corners.  I'm normally on a Ducati monster so used to fairly low cornering and there's prob a bit of that to factor in.  Still, I got to looking at it a bit more over the past few days.  The foot pegs have 'bank angle indicators'  - wee 30mm long posts with a domed heads on them - which indicate your bank angle by scaring the sh*t out of you at what seems like a fairly safe angle.
I set up a few straight edges and done a bit of measuring with a big protractor.  the results aren't scientific and were made with the bike off load on the sidestand but, regardless of load etc, there's about 5 degrees of bank difference between the tip of the bank angle indicator to the edge of the foot peg.  The side stand bracket and the gear and brake pedals are beyond/inside this so out of harm's way.  The foot pegs fold up backwards anyway so 'indicate' relatively safely when i get to that angle, as they also do sometimes on the Ducati.
I've removed the 30mm indicators and am getting round the corners better now.

Things might be a bit different 2-up but my +1 is my missus and i'll not be too hard on the corners with her on anyway.

Other than all that, really loving the bike.

Just a thought.
Phil

Offline gordybrock

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800 Phantom Black
Re: Low issues
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 04:32:36 PM »
 :493: :152:
I'm from Wigan me

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 09:52:06 AM »
Good idea, think I'll do the same.

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 10:51:57 AM »
first things that went when I got the bike

haven't had any issues and as you say, the pegs fold away so there's plenty of warning just before you get totally stupid
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 05:13:34 PM »
I got a set of Triumph CNC footpegs for the XC range for my XRx. Those come without bank angle sensors (aka hero blobs). Seeing as the XC is a taller bike than the XR, I assume that they're perfectly safe to use. Well, I haven't crashed yet.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Recent Topics