Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitting factory TPMS sensors  (Read 425 times)

Henning, Kerryman, Q and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Skeet

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Fitting factory TPMS sensors
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:29:17 PM »
Hello,
Next week I am fitting new tires and adding Triumph TPMS sensors on my 2012 Roadie. Checking in here to see what if anything I need to be careful of? I downloaded TigerTool software here and have already connected to the bike and looked around. My big question is about the code/ serial number for the sensor. Is it obvious on the sensor what the code is that TigerTool needs to have programmed?
Thanks to T800XC TigerTool is awesome.
Wayne

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: Fitting factory TPMS sensors
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »
My recollection is that the sensors were clearly marked on my 800. Originally the dealer had to enter the serial numbers. That sure ran the price up.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Skeet [+]
... Is it obvious on the sensor what the code is that TigerTool needs to have programmed?

It should be clearly shown on the sensor. Fortunately there is one actual Triumph TPMS sensor on ebay that has a good picture you can click on and enlarge showing the labels and I.D. :028:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Daytona-675-R-TPMS-Wheel-Sensor-Unit-NEW-2013-16/203254953680?hash=item2f52f076d0:g:gIIAAOSwYbVgCXAq
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Skeet

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 10:50:35 PM »
Excellent information.
Thanks   :031:

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX

Offline Skeet

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 04:43:38 PM »
New tires and TPMS sensors installed. Works like a champ. TigerTool to add the sensors was a breeze.  :046:

Now to tackle the front end bounce. I was hoping the new tires would be the ticket. But the bounce is still there. Plus I found a leaking fork seal. Good time to tear into the front end I guess?

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:04:27 PM »
It's great that members give feedback, particularly on the latest features of Tigertool that T800XC keeps updating for us .... like the ABS bleed and TPMS functions. :152:

As for the front end, and as it appears you have seals to renew, how about a simple spring upgrade replacement while you have them stripped as your 9yr old springs may be tired, hence more bounce. :027:

I'm about to renew my fork seals and have just bought some Wilbers Progressive fork springs to hopefully improve the front end compared to the factory springing. :028:
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,29324.0.html
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:11:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
I'm about to renew my fork seals and have just bought some Wilbers Progressive fork springs to hopefully improve the front end compared to the factory springing. :028:

I blew a fork seal about 6 weeks ago and took the opportunity to replace the springs with Wilbers units. Transformed front end. Even when new and before they bedded in the difference was noticeable but after a couple of hundred kms it is even better. The forks now operate silently as well the factory ones on my bike at least always made noises when compressing.
2016 XRX.

Offline Skeet

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:42:38 AM »
Do you guys know if I can get the Wilbers shipped to the USA? I went on the site earlier and US was not listed as a shipping destination.
I sent an email to them as well. I like the idea of swapping those springs out when I do the seals.
How about other recommendations for replacement springs?
Thanks

Recent Topics

winded-staunch