Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ignition cut  (Read 847 times)

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
Ignition cut
« on: April 05, 2021, 07:26:18 PM »
For 2 days, following a magnificent ballads, my tiger 800 of 2016 between 2 and 4000tr / min is in love with small cuts which I think come from the ignition !!

At idle no symptoms, as above 4000rpm.

No fault has appeared ....

I will either think of a capricious candle, they have 30000Kms, or a partially defective pencil coil.

What is your opinion on the subject?

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
Re: Ignition cut
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 08:51:24 PM »
The original Tiger 885  had problems with the igniter coil/sensor at around 30K. Not seen it on the 800's generally, but its a possibility?. Any codes in the ecu?

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 12:04:48 AM »
The crankshaft sensor on the original triples became temperature sensitive after about 20k miles, so it would cut out (seemed like it was running out of petrol) when the engine got hot, and after cooling down for a while it would be fine. Triumph changed the sensor and the subsequent version was fine.

The way you could tell it was a crank sensor problem was that the tacho would drop to zero whenever it spluttered - if it was running out of fuel, the tacho would have remained the same. This would happen to every bike, not just the odd one, and initially when it got hot, but would gradually deteriorate.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
The crankshaft sensor on the original triples became temperature sensitive after about 20k miles, so it would cut out (seemed like it was running out of petrol) when the engine got hot, and after cooling down for a while it would be fine. Triumph changed the sensor and the subsequent version was fine.

The way you could tell it was a crank sensor problem was that the tacho would drop to zero whenever it spluttered - if it was running out of fuel, the tacho would have remained the same. This would happen to every bike, not just the odd one, and initially when it got hot, but would gradually deteriorate.

Yep, I had that, plus failing coil, plus fuel starvation from collapsing filter, etc, etc, When it ran, it was great, but FI is soo much better, its a real shock when something plays up. Maybe coil stick then?

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 05:31:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Londonglide [+]
The original Tiger 885  had problems with the igniter coil/sensor at around 30K. Not seen it on the 800's generally, but its a possibility?. Any codes in the ecu?

No fault code.

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 05:33:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]

I don't have this problem with the tachometer

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 05:36:02 PM »
I replaced the 3 spark plugs, and will do a test tomorrow once the air box is reassembled because I took the opportunity to balance the 3 cylinders.

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 01:05:33 AM »
Do you have a TSA installed?

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 11:47:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by dragon88 [+]
Do you have a TSA installed?

TSA ??

Sorry, I don't know what it is. . .

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »
The problem is solved, it did indeed come from a capricious candle. . .  :152:

I observed them, and no visible defects !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch