Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 800XRT Panniers compatible with 900GTP?  (Read 543 times)

Offline EddieCalimocho

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
800XRT Panniers compatible with 900GTP?
« on: April 08, 2021, 04:50:57 PM »
Hi, i'm on the cusp of trading in my 2017 800XRT and the deal i have is to part-ex without my panniers and top-box.

So now looking for help with compatibility... I read previously that expedition panniers and top-box are compatible with 900GTP but would need difference mounting plate & brackets... if that is the case is it easy to remove lock barrels on current boxes and to source the brackets required?

Thanks all

Offline Adey Bee

• Tiger Master
  • Must change that Avatar, new one is white
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: 800XRT Panniers compatible with 900GTP?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 11:30:54 PM »
This is correct, you will need to buy the new pannier racks,  we've fitted my mates expedition luggage to his new 900 GT pro, you will get 3 new barrels with you new bike and its easy to change the barrels especially if you watch my vid on Youtube LOL.
Bandit 1250, Tiger 800 XC, Tiger 800 XCA, Tiger 800XRT

Offline EddieCalimocho

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: 800XRT Panniers compatible with 900GTP?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:55:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Adey Bee [+]
This is correct, you will need to buy the new pannier racks,  we've fitted my mates expedition luggage to his new 900 GT pro, you will get 3 new barrels with you new bike and its easy to change the barrels especially if you watch my vid on Youtube LOL.
/>

Hi Adey, many thank for your advice and link to video. Following this meant i could remove all three barrels successfully and all in a matter of minutes, so thank you!

Easy when you know how hey? ;)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch