Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XRT  (Read 656 times)

Offline moayling

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800
XRT
« on: April 10, 2021, 07:13:48 PM »
Hi Guys. You can probably see by my post count that l have been this way before. I bought a Tiger 800 new in 2012 which l moved on after a couple of years. I actually know the young lady that bought it and she still owns it and has knocked up some serious mileage since buying it.
After having several bikes l am considering moving back to a Tiger 800 ( cant stretch to a 900) and am thinking about an XRT. I know an 18 plate onwards has a tft screen but are there any other significant differences between a 15 plate and an 18 plate other than that.
I phoned after a reasonably priced 19 plate with less than 2000 miles on it today but its new owner was just riding away on it so l missed a bargain there. I dont need to rush as l have my Bonnie to potter around on.
Looking forward to riding a Tiger again.
Best wishes to you all

Mo
If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: XRT
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 09:14:26 PM »
The handlebars, can be moved 2cm front to back with reversing clamps and most important change,
first gear is taller meaning more acceleration, making it much nicer when comuting !

Absolutely adore mine, the heating seat in Switzerland helps me move back the date I stop riding.

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 07:29:59 AM »
Hi Mo and welcome back.
Good luck with the search.

:031:

Offline Whoa

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 08:28:56 AM »
Hello and Welcome, hope you find one soon
Whoa

Offline norboy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2019 XRt
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 08:10:23 PM »
I chopped my 2011 roadie in for a 2019 XRt last summer - never looked back.

Triumph did an excellent job of improving an already good bike. Feels lighter, more flickable, lower and generally a much more refined machine with additional get up and go. I also rate the new dashboard display screen.

Ive not ridden one but guess the 2015 is an improvement on the original but the 2018 onwards is third gen and further improved. Seems the jury is still out on whether the 900 is a significant improvement on the last 800s ?

Offline moayling

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 09:02:29 PM »
Thanks for your replies. I think Ill hang out for a post 18 reg
If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself!

Recent Topics