Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 900 GT Pro Suspension Prelaod  (Read 960 times)

Offline 1tiger4me

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
900 GT Pro Suspension Prelaod
« on: April 11, 2021, 10:45:42 PM »
Since winter  storage I have done 2 rides and all seems fine.

I was prepping for my 3rd when I noticed a spring icon on the TFT with an 'L' next to it. I looked through the 200 page hand book and found no reference to this icon. I thought it could be the preload not functioning or something. I tried to change from rider only to rider+passenger+luggage but could not hear anything from the top of the rear suspension unit indicating it is changing but I'm not sure. I have also forgotten how the setting is indicated so I can't tell where the pre-load is now.

Anyone know what the spring icon with the 'L' means? and how the current pre-load setting is indicated?

Online hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
Re: 900 GT Pro Suspension Prelaod
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 04:24:21 PM »
That's a good question, I have just got mine and I am not sure how to adjust anything on it.

Offline Ian P

• Tiger Member
  • The older I get the better I was..
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 12:26:09 PM »
Make the preload a "visible tray" and adjust from there... my preload could be adjusted but now I cannot change it. I spotted the L too but wasn't sure if that had been there previously.. not sure if the L is some sort of error message.

Offline 1tiger4me

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 02:01:36 AM »

Well what dummy I have been. :138:.   :431: There is so much stuff on the TFT you can't remember it all and the suspension screen you look at briefly then set. Well it turns out the little spring is to identify the page I am on (if its not already obvious). Just the spring is the damping and the spring and the little L is the pre-load adjustment.

Still not sure which pre-load setting I have but will try changing the colours and see if it becomes obvious. I can't tell riding which one I have so its relatively minor. I can tell the damper from highest to lowest so maybe everything is working OK.

P.S. I still can't figure out how to display the miles covered other than when you start up it appears briefly. Oh well I really like the bike and don't need all this tech stuff to distract me from all the good riding here in eastern Tennessee.

Offline Worty28

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT LRH
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 10:58:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by 1tiger4me [+]

I still can't figure out how to display the miles covered other than when you start up it appears briefly.

when on the time left for service screen move the thumb controller left or right it will come up,  but I found on my bike its only works on one of the display settings.  the second speed indicator display one and not the one where it splits the screen in half.

Offline sprucetiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2021 Tiger900GTP
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by 1tiger4me [+]
P.S. I still can't figure out how to display the miles covered other than when you start up it appears briefly. Oh well I really like the bike and don't need all this tech stuff to distract me from all the good riding here in eastern Tennessee.

It also shows when you turn off the key (both startup and shutdown) and it is way too short for my liking.  My old Tiger 800 did the same thing.  Only showed it on startup for 3 seconds.  Hard to take a picture of it for things like Iron Butt rides when it is that quick.

Online hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 06:04:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ian P [+]
Make the preload a "visible tray" and adjust from there... my preload could be adjusted but now I cannot change it. I spotted the L too but wasn't sure if that had been there previously.. not sure if the L is some sort of error message.

Maybe I'm wrong but as far as I can tell there are only 4 preload settings? Rider, Rider/luggage, rider/passenger, rider/passenger/luggage?  No option for modifying based on the riders weight for example.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 06:28:06 PM »
As a general guide, the "Rider" setting is based on the usual average person of 80kg, so as I've found out previously on other bikes the "Rider & Luggage" was best for me being slightly over 80kg.  :001:
But to be sure, check the static sag (Rider and gear) sitting on the bike, the suspension travel should be between 25 / 30 % of total travel (170mm on the Tiger), Adjust to suit.....

Recent Topics

winded-staunch