Accessories, Products, and Clothing > Riding Gear, Helmets, Clothing, Apparel

Keis G102/X200 Heated Inner Gloves - Opinions

(1/2) > >>

GeoffS:
Morniní all
What are your thoughts on these heated inner gloves?
Iíve read numerous reports; bit ďMarmiteyĒ to be honest; some people say really good, others not impressed; Iím in the ďnot impressedĒ group.
Iíve had them plugged in via my heated waistcoat; which is brilliant by the way, but couldnít feel any warmth whatsoever. They were inside my normal winter gloves.
Am I expecting too much from them, or are they just not very good?
I thought Iíd ask you lot, cos I know Iíll get honest answers....., just as long as StevieP, Healdem, Derchef and the other members of that well-known rabble are not on line at the moment....., just sayingí!
Thanks in advance
Geoff

Stevie.P:
Originally Posted by GeoffS ... I thought Iíd ask you lot, cos I know Iíll get honest answers....., just as long as StevieP, Healdem, Derchef and the other members of that well-known rabble are not on line at the moment....., just sayingí!
 :182: ... I resemble that remark.  :023: ... :008:

Geoff, I've had Keis inner gloves and boot inner soles for about 7yrs. I haven't used them every winter only when really cold winters. I find them pretty good (especially appreciate the inner soles most) but I don't have a waistcoat, I have them separately connected to power via their own Keis heat controller (off/low/med/high). Once up to temperature on high power I soon have to back the power off as they can become painfully hot else, particularly the inner soles.

How are your gloves controlled for temperature via the waistcoat? Do you possibly have a suitable power lead and temperature controller that you can try running them separately instead of via the waistcoat on the chance the waistcoat is restricting the power to the gloves. :084:

GeoffS:
Hello Steve
Iíve got the gloves powered from the armpit sockets on the vest, the vest is controlled via the heavy-duty controller. There is no controller as such for the gloves.
Iíll do as you suggest and power the gloves separately and see if it makes any difference.
The vest itself is fantastic, start off on full power then back it off a bit as I start to cook...!
This is my first foray into heated gloves, so I didnít quite know what to expect.
It sounds like youíre happy with your setup, but maybe my expectations were a bit high.
Anyway, thanks for your reply; Iíll post an update after Iíve tried them powered on their own.
Take care matey, catch up soon.
Cheers
Geoff

Shergar:
I have a pair and plug them straight in to the bike - also have the battery pack for use if walking - my verdict is that they are OK but not brilliant. On a long run a while back they supplemented the feeble Triumph heated grips enough to stop me getting numb fingers at about 5 degrees Centrigrade. The warmth from them is subtle though so you don't really feel as if they are working even when they are. Will consider hated gloves when I need to replace my current ones.

GeoffS:
Thanks Shergar
Seems like I was expecting too much from them. If like you say, itís a ďsubtleĒ warming that simply prevents the cold getting through, then Iíll just have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Iíll do some more miles and see how they perform.
Thanks again
Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version