Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel Gauge stopped working properly  (Read 607 times)

Offline Turbotom

• Tiger Member
Re: Fuel Gauge stopped working properly
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 05:45:48 PM »
A similar problem on my 2015 XRX was caused by a broken switch in the clutch lever. Cruise control didn't function either.

Tom
Tiger 800 XRx 2015 caspian blue

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 08:13:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Turbotom [+]
A similar problem on my 2015 XRX was caused by a broken switch in the clutch lever. Cruise control didn't function either.

Tom

Some aftermarket levers are known for this, there is a knob on the clutch lever operating a micro-switch inside the handlebar piece, if your problem started all over sudden maybe that knob is gone or the switch stopped working.

I never understood why the clutch lever has an impact on the fuel gauge but that's the case with models made in 2015 or later
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 11:24:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
I never understood why the clutch lever has an impact on the fuel gauge but that's the case with models made in 2015 or later

It could be a deliberate design thing to make it obvious that there is an issue. Judging by the number of posts about it in the last 6 years or so it is something that people notice straight away.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch