Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ACC power for 900 GT Pro?  (Read 340 times)

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
ACC power for 900 GT Pro?
« on: April 27, 2021, 05:22:23 PM »
I'm trying to wire a dashcam in and I'm not entirely sure where to tie it in the keyed power options.  Anyone done this yet?

Holy hell there is no room to put anything below the seat with that goofy cell phone charger too.

Offline Pizzarepairman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRX

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: ACC power for 900 GT Pro?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 03:05:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by hawkbox [+]
I'm trying to wire a dashcam in and I'm not entirely sure where to tie it in the keyed power options.  Anyone done this yet?

Holy hell there is no room to put anything below the seat with that goofy cell phone charger too.
isnt't there a power socket in the front beneath the display?
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pizzarepairman [+]

That's neat, but same question. Where do I wire in the keyed power for that box instead of the dashcam?

There is a power socket under the display, that doesn't help me run a dashcam under the seat.

Offline Pizzarepairman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRX
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 04:17:56 PM »
Connect the TB directly to the battery terminals and decide whether you want a fully automatic or ignition key controlled operation. Connect the auxiliary equipment fast, conveniently and safely to the tool-free terminal blocks supplied. Just plug in the wires and youre good to go!

The above is from the website, you can read all the manuals etc there

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 04:36:05 PM »
All right, so how do I make it key controlled without wiring it into a key controlled power source on the bike?

Edit: Interesting, it must have logic built into it. Though that means I have to disconnect it if I want to use a battery tender, which is not optimal.

"
 Automatic mode:
The White control wire is left disconnected/unused.
When the engine is started and runs evenly, the TB switches the power outputs ON.
When the engine is stopped, after a few seconds the TB switches the outputs OFF.
"

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04:38:16 PM by hawkbox »

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 05:32:51 PM »
To append my original question, this seems like it would work but I am guessing I would then have to wire the positive and the keyed wire into the same port on this Thunderbolt thing? Nowhere on the page or video does it mention how to deal with electronics that come with a keyed wire.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 06:21:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by hawkbox [+]
To append my original question, this seems like it would work but I am guessing I would then have to wire the positive and the keyed wire into the same port on this Thunderbolt thing? Nowhere on the page or video does it mention how to deal with electronics that come with a keyed wire.

Positive to battery and keyed wire to Thunderbolt, I would think.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 11:24:25 PM »
Turns out the powerlet below the seat is keyed and easy to get at, so I'm waiting for some posi-taps to connect it and see what happens.

Recent Topics