Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 xc eeprom  (Read 1884 times)

Offline bateser

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 800 xc abs
Tiger 800 xc eeprom
« on: April 29, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »
Hi guys would anybody have a copy of the dash eeprom from a 2014 tiger 800 xc. Thanks in advance.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: Tiger 800 xc eeprom
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 10:59:44 AM »
Interesting question that begs another in response...why, what's happened to yours?

I've got one from a 2011 Mk1 but not sure if it's any use to you.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline bateser

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 12:04:45 PM »
I think my eeprom is corrupt. Tried vairious eeproms with some success but i dont think they are from the 800xc there may be a difference as mine is the abs model. Some no mileage some no fuel indicator or fuel indicator flashing and not indicating unless i reset the bike and it only counts down but does nor register when i fill up and i have to reset again. Thanks for your interest.

Offline bateser

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »
Forgot to mention in the first post it is the abs model

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 12:21:03 PM »
My data is from a 2011 XC (non-ABS) but I'm not sure if there's any difference with the ABS version. As far as I recall, when you enable the ABS in the menu the settings get saved in the EEPROM. I can do that using TigerTool on my non-ABS setup and the ABS menu appears.

It may also depend what software you're using to read the EEPROM contents and what file format it's saved as. I had trouble initially until I used my own hardware & software to do this.

EDIT: 3 years ago I fixed the EEPROM on another forum member's replacement clocks. They were from an ABS model but his bike was non-ABS and he had no problems with it. Just disabled the ABS using TigerTool.

I can always PM you a link to download a copy of my saved EEPROM binary file if you want to try it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:30:56 PM by T800XC »

Offline bateser

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 12:54:23 PM »
That would be great if you can share the abs model one, even just to compare with mine. I have other issues with the dash eg gear indicator always showing neutral thats why im thinking eeprom. Many thanks for your help, your a top man. I am very glad i have posted this on this site. CHEERS.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 06:22:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by bateser [+]
That would be great if you can share the abs model one, even just to compare with mine. I have other issues with the dash eg gear indicator always showing neutral thats why im thinking eeprom. Many thanks for your help, your a top man. I am very glad i have posted this on this site. CHEERS.

PM with link sent.

Hope it helps.

Offline bateser

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 07:19:09 PM »
Got it many thanks. I have just compared them and numbers are the same but reversed eg yours is 00 A7 00 14 where mine is A7 00 14 00. It is like that through the entire range. Any thoughts ?

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by bateser [+]
Got it many thanks. I have just compared them and numbers are the same but reversed eg yours is 00 A7 00 14 where mine is A7 00 14 00. It is like that through the entire range. Any thoughts ?

It all depends what you're using to read & download the EEPROM data from the instruments.

The EEPROM is configured on the PCB to organise the data as 16-bit so my data was read as 16-bit words in big-endian format. Perhaps yours is being read as little-endian? That would cause the same result.

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »
Ah... Big and Little endians...takes me back to my days of Radiographic digital image capture setup...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch