Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad  (Read 579 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TheMaddSquirrel

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • TheMaddSquirrel
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
  • Location: Michigan City,
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 06:03:08 PM »
I don't know TBH. Was he mid/ late 40's with a heavy Hillbilly accent?
Squirrel

Offline TheMaddSquirrel

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • TheMaddSquirrel
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
  • Location: Michigan City,
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 06:07:48 PM »
Hi all, and nah to a Harley.
Squirrel

Online Half-Click-Up

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800A
  • Location: Texas
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 06:27:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheMaddSquirrel [+]
Hi all, and nah to a Harley.

:0461: Some of us prefer the oil to stay inside the motorcycle, not on the ground underneath it!  :151:
2014 Triumph Tiger 800A
2009 Yamaha FZ6R
Texas, USA
youtube.com/halfclickup

Online Stevie.P

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 3923
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
  • Location: Plymouth, UK
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 06:42:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheMaddSquirrel [+]
I don't know TBH. Was he mid/ late 40's with a heavy Hillbilly accent?

 :008: ... it's an in-house topic/joke between those fortunate enough to have enjoyed the 2017 forum Megameet in Yorkshire.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!


Offline jimmy60

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 3552
  • Bike: 12,14 Tiger800
  • Location: Corinth, Texas
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 04:17:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
Eh up yall...., greetings from Across the Pond.
There seems to be a growing crowd of Tiger owners in your country...., so why arent you all riding Harleys; oh yes, I remember!
Anyway, enjoy your rides and stay shiny-side up...., and watch out for you-know-who...., shhhhhh, just in case hes listening.......,
Hi Jimmy, only joking, how ya do in?
Cheers
Geoff

Hola matey..Doing well and hoping to be able to come over in September..Fingers crossed. Hope all is well with ya!
Time and tide wait for no man.

Offline chico

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1295
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
  • Location: Suffern, NY, US
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 05:34:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Half-Click-Up [+]
:0461: Some of us prefer the oil to stay inside the motorcycle, not on the ground underneath it!  :151:

 You boys are living in the past as well as denying it. Harleys used to mark their territories many years ago but not any more. I have a 2000 Fatboy which I bought new and there is no leaking. The past you are forgetting is how badly the British bikes leaked. I purchased a new 1967 Bonneville and it left a big puddle when I got home from the dealer and it didn't stop there. My 1965 BSA Lightning was the worst offender. The 1974 Norton Commando was a bit better... when it ran.

Chico

Online Half-Click-Up

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800A
  • Location: Texas
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 12:48:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
You boys are living in the past as well as denying it. Harleys used to mark their territories many years ago but not any more. I have a 2000 Fatboy which I bought new and there is no leaking. The past you are forgetting is how badly the British bikes leaked. I purchased a new 1967 Bonneville and it left a big puddle when I got home from the dealer and it didn't stop there. My 1965 BSA Lightning was the worst offender. The 1974 Norton Commando was a bit better... when it ran.

Chico

Fair enough, Chico, but its all in good fun  :016:
2014 Triumph Tiger 800A
2009 Yamaha FZ6R
Texas, USA
youtube.com/halfclickup

Offline Derchef1962

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1161
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
  • Location: DE-Frankfurt
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 01:27:01 PM »

*Originally Posted by chico [+]
You boys are living in the past as well as denying it. Harleys used to mark their territories many years ago but not any more. I have a 2000 Fatboy which I bought new and there is no leaking. The past you are forgetting is how badly the British bikes leaked. I purchased a new 1967 Bonneville and it left a big puddle when I got home from the dealer and it didn't stop there. My 1965 BSA Lightning was the worst offender. The 1974 Norton Commando was a bit better... when it ran.

Chico

absolutely true, things do change, just look at HD Adventure, I would never buy one as just the look of it hurts but everyone to his own, at least HD gets moving, which they need to do with sales dropping like 20%.

It's surely different in the States but over here the typical HD rider is what we call a lawdentist (either a lawyer or a dentist) playing the wild boy on weekends, moving only with other HD and feels himself superior to any other rider not on a HD. It's really funny greeting HD riders coming up to me when I am on my Bobber gets a response from them, almost never a greeting on the Tiger. I guess they mistake the Bobber for a HD which is the only make worth greeting they think.

Another thing which really annoys is me the fact that public opinion over here is turning more and more against motorbikes: the noise is a problem. Look over to Austria, they banned several major mountain roads if the idle noise of you bike is over 95 db. We have roads now here in Germany where the speedlimit is for bikes at 60 km/h whereas cars are allowed to go 100 km/h...and I do not know a single HD without a flap can making enormous noise, the guys with these bikes are jeopardising the whole motorbike riding.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline TheMaddSquirrel

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • TheMaddSquirrel
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
  • Location: Michigan City,
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 01:50:18 PM »
I'm not liking the HD adventure. I can appreciate it, just don't like it.
Squirrel

Online Half-Click-Up

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800A
  • Location: Texas
Re: TheMaddSquirrel is a new Cat dad
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
absolutely true, things do change, just look at HD Adventure, I would never buy one as just the look of it hurts but everyone to his own, at least HD gets moving, which they need to do with sales dropping like 20%.

It's surely different in the States but over here the typical HD rider is what we call a lawdentist (either a lawyer or a dentist) playing the wild boy on weekends, moving only with other HD and feels himself superior to any other rider not on a HD. It's really funny greeting HD riders coming up to me when I am on my Bobber gets a response from them, almost never a greeting on the Tiger. I guess they mistake the Bobber for a HD which is the only make worth greeting they think.

Another thing which really annoys is me the fact that public opinion over here is turning more and more against motorbikes: the noise is a problem. Look over to Austria, they banned several major mountain roads if the idle noise of you bike is over 95 db. We have roads now here in Germany where the speedlimit is for bikes at 60 km/h whereas cars are allowed to go 100 km/h...and I do not know a single HD without a flap can making enormous noise, the guys with these bikes are jeopardising the whole motorbike riding.

Actually, what you experience is precisely what non-HD riders experience here in the States, as well. What's worse, is the regularly confirmed stereotype. You see, helmets are not required in Texas, and not only will an HD rider not acknowledge you, but their noses will be turned up with their backwards ball cap, sunglasses and HD T-shirt; it never fails.

To each his own.  :027:
2014 Triumph Tiger 800A
2009 Yamaha FZ6R
Texas, USA
youtube.com/halfclickup

 


Recent Topics