Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Factory tour help  (Read 975 times)

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
Factory tour help
« on: May 07, 2021, 06:26:11 PM »
Looking to come down to England once lockdown eases , my question is apart from the bacon roll , keyring & book what is the difference between the factory tour and the full works , is there other areas of the factory that you see , only the 2 of us so price wise I know its based on 4 . Many thanks George

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Factory tour help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 10:02:21 AM »
I wonder what they are going to show in the factory, to my knowledge they have completely stopped building bikes in the UK, although they say on the website

Youll be able to get up close to and receive exciting insights into our manufacturing and final assembly processes. Its a unique opportunity for you and your guests to see exclusively where the world-renowned Triumph motorcycles are created and built.

I did the standard tour in 2019 and we could see the Tiger explorer being built and various parts. Wonder what they do today....
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 10:05:01 AM »
They machine the cranks & cams.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »
Weve been there today.
Although its obviously not a complete manufacturing plant anymore, it was still interesting to see the crankshaft line, paint shop, 3D printing and other areas.
Also saw how theyve now started to assemble mainstream bikes (Tiger 900 GT PROs on the assembly today) from boxes once received from Thailand.

Enjoyed the Exhibition area too, particularly the early history bikes and recent TT bikes.

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 09:02:02 PM »
Thanks to all for the input.
Booked in for Sunday 19th so Ill soon know , on my way to Chelmsford so its on the way.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 08:02:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Georgeinabz [+]
Thanks to all for the input.
Booked in for Sunday 19th so Ill soon know , on my way to Chelmsford so its on the way.

Just be aware that being a Sunday, there wont be many people there working on the shop floor. It does give you chance to get a little closer to various areas though.

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 10:22:33 AM »
The tour was really good , Pete was very informative, cranks really get some air miles 😀, cast in Spain , machined in UK , assembly of engine in Thailand then back to UK for bike assembly , at least on the 900 tigers. Even the wife , a non biking lady , enjoyed it.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 11:14:39 AM »
Just the TFC 900 007 models being finished at Hinckley? Looks like some 1200 Scrams also.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/manufacturing/triumph-launches-limited-edition-tiger-21631024
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Tripple3

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »
We were there at the weekend and as posted earlier were told that all models for the European market would be built at Hinkley later next year.

Recent Topics