Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motorcycle trip in NZ  (Read 438 times)

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
Motorcycle trip in NZ
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:56:41 PM »
The other day there was a discussion on the forum about rides and I commented that I believed that NZ had the best motorcycling roads in the world which I know is always debatable so when I came across the article below I felt it was a good representation of riding in NZ but remember that beside having many legal off road trails they are some great sealed roads too. In the article they comment about not seeing other vehicles which here is the South Island is a common this on sealed roads let alone metal ones.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/go-nz-motorbike-road-trip-in-the-far-north-auckland-to-the-karikari-peninsula/M7OSEFVX5GPTAAQSVNJFF2ZSXU/
You are only jealous as the voices are speaking to me! Honda 90 Sport, Lambretta 200 GT then a 25 year gap, Harley Davidson 900 Sportster, Harley Davidson 1600 Fat Bob, Triumph Explorer Gen I, Triumph Explorer Gen II, Triumph 900 GT Pro.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Motorcycle trip in NZ
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 09:36:18 AM »
Good read. Fancy the South Island as we have a friend in Dunedin.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 10:01:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Good read. Fancy the South Island as we have a friend in Dunedin.

I believe the South Island has better rides but then I am biased as I live in the "Top of The South".  :038:
You are only jealous as the voices are speaking to me! Honda 90 Sport, Lambretta 200 GT then a 25 year gap, Harley Davidson 900 Sportster, Harley Davidson 1600 Fat Bob, Triumph Explorer Gen I, Triumph Explorer Gen II, Triumph 900 GT Pro.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 11:25:46 PM »
There are also brilliant roads in the North Island it is just that as it is more populated there tends to be more traffic.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 09:07:18 AM »
Will have to include a visit to E. Hayes & Sons in Invercargill as well. Might actually happen in the next couple of years.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 04:30:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Will have to include a visit to E. Hayes & Sons in Invercargill as well. Might actually happen in the next couple of years.

There's more to Hayes than just Burt's bike and workshop there's loads of memorabilia but there is also Motorcycle Mecca who have a huge amount of motorcycles both old and new.
https://www.motorcyclemecca.nz

Recent Topics

winded-staunch