Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another plus for Nitron rear shocks  (Read 307 times)

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
Another plus for Nitron rear shocks
« on: May 14, 2021, 09:14:41 AM »
Hi
I had upgraded my front suspension on my 2016 XRX 800 with Andreani fork cartridges which made a huge difference to the ride of the bike - rear shock was standard and ride was good with rear seeming pretty well controlled but wondered if it could be improved with a Nitron rear shock - after reading into it on this forum, I decided to give it a go and bought an R1 shock 2nd hand on this forum.
I contacted Nitron about whether the spring was suitable for my weight of 69kg in kit (I had the details of the fitted spring from previous owner - a 600lb one) and they advised a 550lb spring, which I then bought
My local suspension expert from SWB - https://www.facebook.com/SWBSuspensionservices/ fitted the new spring and changed the shock, setting up sag and damping for me - I was pleasantly suprised with the result and rear is now planted and I have the smooth compliant suspension the bike deserves - now well pleased with the ride and handling of the bike on our sometimes not so great road surfaces!
PS I highly recommend SWB suspension if you are in SE Wales area he has a great setup and does suspension setup etc for road, racing and offroad bikes too - this guy really knows his stuff

Recent Topics