Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New 900 or not  (Read 2110 times)

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: New 900 or not
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 09:20:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by chrisjk [+]
I liked the 800 a lot but sold it in the end as I was getting fed up with dragging the footpegs on twisty roads, I also wanted more torque. I have had a couple of bikes since but if the 900 addresses those two things, I could be tempted back into the fold.

That's a shame because I solved those 2 issues on my XRT for about a 100 bucks and love it much more now, never draged a peg since.

You just change the sprocket ratio, I went 15T in front giving more acceleration (torque) and install the SW Motech height adjustable pegs and you're done.
Also note that the rear shock is massively undersprung, for my measly 80kg in gear, I go 15 clicks only from the maximum... Otherwise pegs are just dragging anyway.

I preferred this route than the outrageous price the 900 goes for in Switzerland and colors suck in my opinion  :038:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 09:24:21 AM by Djairouks »

Online applecorp

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 02:10:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
I preferred this route than the outrageous price the 900 goes for in Switzerland and colors suck in my opinion  :038:

Some people may laugh but colours are a deal breaker for me on pretty much any bike. Triumph are churning out some real bland machines in that respect (though they are not the only manufacturer guilty of this). The only 900 that appeals in this respect is the Rally Pro, and is also the most expensive. I'd love a Street Triple RS but no chance with the boring colours they have, also has those horrible decals stuck all over the place.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 02:12:04 PM by applecorp »

Offline Markiet1966

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2021, 04:54:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by applecorp [+]
Some people may laugh but colours are a deal breaker for me on pretty much any bike. Triumph are churning out some real bland machines in that respect (though they are not the only manufacturer guilty of this). The only 900 that appeals in this respect is the Rally Pro, and is also the most expensive. I'd love a Street Triple RS but no chance with the boring colours they have, also has those horrible decals stuck all over the place.

I have to agree, Triumphs current colour schemes are poor. I went for the 900 GT Pro in red but it was the best of a bad bunch for me, whether you like what KTM and BMW are doing with their colour schemes or not, at least they are trying!

Mark

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2021, 05:16:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Markiet1966 [+]
I have to agree, Triumphs current colour schemes are poor. I went for the 900 GT Pro in red but it was the best of a bad bunch for me, whether you like what KTM and BMW are doing with their colour schemes or not, at least they are trying!

Mark

Agreed In my opinion, Aprilia and BMW are the last companies to give a damn, even Yamaha droped the ball !

The 900 sport in blue is the only good looking, but can't part with my XRT's heating saddle  :164: !

Offline jfmcclure

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger800xrx
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2021, 05:49:00 PM »
Count me in on the opinion that Triumph could do much with colors.

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »
I'm one of the weird ones who likes the black option, but I definitely agree the colour schemes are pretty tame.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »
The rubbish colours are holding me back. I would have swapped last year if the paint had been right.

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 07:54:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by applecorp [+]

Colour is such a personal thing a couple of the guys I ride with are not bothered by the colours of bikes but its an issue for me, I had the Cranberry Red Explorer and if the 900 came in that colour I would have had it but I think the 900 red is poor, The black swallows all the detail of the bike so for me white was the only option and of course it is the fastest colour!  :007:
You are only jealous as the voices are speaking to me! Honda 90 Sport, Lambretta 200 GT then a 25 year gap, Harley Davidson 900 Sportster, Harley Davidson 1600 Fat Bob, Triumph Explorer Gen I, Triumph Explorer Gen II, Triumph 900 GT Pro.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2021, 09:11:41 AM »
You can't beat venom yellow in my opinion.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Online matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »
Agreed, the colour choice is v limited, and uninspiring (green rally pro the exception). Quite lazy from Triumph.
Ive just p/ex my (black) 800 for a new 900. Black wasnt available until late July / August, so choice for me was red or white.

So my first white bike awaits :)

Recent Topics