Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Crankshaft DTC (P0315)  (Read 363 times)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Tiger 900 Crankshaft DTC (P0315)
« on: May 17, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
Following on from a comment by member 'sparky lee' HERE last year, I found some information about the 900's crankshaft sensor.

Error code P0315 refers to "Crankshaft sensor circuit malfunction".

From the service manual...
Crankshaft Position Adaption (European Markets Only)
Signals from the crankshaft position sensor are used by the motorcycle's engine misfire detection system. In order to accurately detect an engine misfire, the crankshaft position must be adapted to allow for manufacturing and assembly tolerances.

The motorcycle is delivered from the factory with the crankshaft position fully adapted. If for any reason the crankshaft position is not adapted, the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) will be illuminated and DTC P0315 will be stored.

In service, the crankshaft position must be re-adapted under the following conditions:
    The MIL is illuminated and DTC P0315 is stored, indicating that the crankshaft position sensor is not adapted.
    The crankshaft position sensor has been disturbed, removed or disconnected.
    The crankshaft position sensor has been replaced.
    The crankcases have been disassembled/reassembled.
    The engine ECM has been replaced.*
    The engine adaptions have been reset using the 'Reset Engine Adaptions' function in the Triumph diagnostic tool.*

* Under these conditions, the MIL is illuminated and DTC P0315 will be stored.

As far as I can tell, the neutral position and crankshaft sensor adaptations can only be reset using the Triumph diagnostic tool.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline sparky lee

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 800 xrt
Re: Tiger 900 Crankshaft DTC (P0315)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 09:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the update.
 Just had a look at the manual and It also states that the MIL light will turn off after 3 cycles and the DTC  will be cleared  after 40 cycles, if you check the Diagnostic Trouble Code section.

The dealer also stated to me that the code was a false code and Triumph did not use it, a few new bikes had also shown the code and they had to re flash the ECU to clear it.

The code has not re appeared since that one time and I have reset the service light successfully at 10000ks. 

Recent Topics