Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New front sprocket and what a difference.  (Read 1312 times)

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
Re: New front sprocket and what a difference.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 10:26:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Hehe I read it somehow on a french forum, this oil costs even half what the 80W90 did
and smells not as bad also, this is really better in every way !

I'm definitely going to be trying it out. I'm pretty slack with how often I lube my chain so something a little heavier duty should suit me well.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 06:33:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
Like the video says. The front sprocket is a third smaller than the rear, so works 3 times as hard and wears out 3 times quicker. 12 for a new front every 8000 miles, or a complete kit every 24000 miles with the risk of a front tooth breaking off before you get chance to see how bad it is.

I'm getting one of these to be able to watch the sprocket aging easily, and avoid issues.
https://srcdesign.eu/en/triumph/triumph-tiger-800/sprocket-cover-triumph-tiger-800-xrxxcx#/5-color-silver

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 09:48:08 AM »
I'm getting one of these to be able to watch the sprocket aging easily, and avoid issues.
https://srcdesign.eu/en/triumph/triumph-tiger-800/sprocket-cover-triumph-tiger-800-xrxxcx#/5-color-silver
That should help with cleaning the crap off the front. Mine was chock full of grease and hair. Think the previous owner had horses.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 10:11:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
That should help with cleaning the crap off the front. Mine was chock full of grease and hair. Think the previous owner had horses.

Yeah mine looked like a coal mine, lots of cleaning !
But no hair there, I sure hope the guy had horses... Or he might have liked his Tiger a bit too much  :156:.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 09:52:47 PM »

Better put a stainless steel nut on otherwise it will look embarrassingly rusty.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 09:13:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
Better put a stainless steel nut on otherwise it will look embarrassingly rusty.

Good thinking, I have no clue what the dealer used, so we'll see !

Recent Topics