Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Updated Tiger Megameet September 2021 NOW IN WALES  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Updated Tiger Megameet September 2021 NOW IN WALES
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 05:21:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
What keeps me thinking the past weeks: will I be able make this? I have two times of Aste Zenca now am I safe engough to enter the UK? Am I safe enough to return to the EU or Germany? Over here everyone is talking about the Delta variant that makes me uneasy. So far I have hade two Asta Zenica shot am I safe or nought. You what Ian Anderson sadi: Too old to rock'n'roll but too young to die

It's still a waiting game over here buddy, I like most in our age group and many younger have had the two doses of the Astra Zenica vaccine and most of those much younger have had at least one dose of either AZ, or Pfizer, on this basis our illustrious leaders have decided to bin the regulations and revert back to ill-conceived notions about "herd immunity".

The vast majority of new infections in the UK are now due to the Delta variant, how well the vaccine holds up to that is yet to be seen, September seems so close, but yet so far and nothing is certain just yet.

In better news our bright orange German Robot is working well in works testing and should be handed over by the end of August, so work commitments are better, family commitments (it's complicated) and becoming a grandpa again a couple of months ago means that I've still not reached 5,000 miles on my 2019 T800 after two years nearly  :138:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »
I checked the UK Government websites, if it stays like this, I am afraid I will not make it:
Looks like I have to take  a test 36 hrs prior to arrival in the UK, than again on day 2 and day 8 that would not be so bad, but apparently I have to wait for the result to travel on and it may take 36 hrs for a result to come. The Website does not really show where test centers are located that's another problem. Over here you have them on every corner, some of them shut down recently as the figures went down, but they might reopen as Delta is getting more and more prominent.

My German vaccination status does not count if I get this right: I need to be vaccinated by the NHS. Now that is reallyweird as I have got an international vaccine passport and I had Astra zeneca two times...

Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2021, 07:06:20 PM »
Hi Uli
Were all keeping our fingers crossed for you, but who knows what will happen in the next few weeks.
Ive been following the reports about the devastation that has been caused as a result of the floods; its absolutely awful.
Stay safe matey, and we WILL all meet up at some time.
Cheers
Geoff
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.