Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Splash guard reviews  (Read 513 times)

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Splash guard reviews
« on: May 24, 2021, 12:20:17 PM »
There seems to be a minefield of mentions about what rear splash guard to fit, but I havent found anything about efficiency.
Im interested in fitting the Givi Splash guard to my 900 gt pro. Although I have a hugger fitted, and also a blanking plate for the gap above the rear light on order, Im still getting muck flung under the wheel arch and onto the shock etc. If the splash guard is fitted, how much muck will get past onto the bike ?

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
Re: Splash guard reviews
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 02:30:18 AM »
Mate just the dynamics of mud, water etc being flung around at speed will always see it getting everywhere eventually. Protecting the shock for mine is the number 1 priority.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 07:28:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by dragon88 [+]
Mate just the dynamics of mud, water etc being flung around at speed will always see it getting everywhere eventually. Protecting the shock for mine is the number 1 priority.

Agree. Unfortunately if you ride a motorcycle on dirty and wet roads it is going to get dirt and water into places that you never thought possible regardless of what preventative steps you take. There is a whole industry built around selling "protective" shields and covers most of which do little more than extract money from bikers wallets in terms of overall effectiveness.

Offline bigal

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 850 Sport
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 08:29:58 AM »
Hi All,
          I have found that the ShockTube supplied by R&G Racing to be the answer to keeping the mud and grit out of the rear shock of my Tiger 850 Sport. That combined with a Pyramid Plastics hugger keeps the rear clean. Hope this is of interest to you.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 09:05:44 AM »
Indeed the shock tube, without a doubt will keep it clean, but as far as Im concerned, I rather like that mechanical view of the shock 🤪. I have the hugger and once I closed the gap underneath, the protection is almost perfect. I just thought the splash guard would lesson the crap under the seat nd on the back of the exhaust. Seems like I could save some money then ?

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 05:54:34 PM »
I've been wondering that myself.  I have the first service booked for the 3rd of June and am going to bitch about that gap under the seat and see what they say about it.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch