Accessories, Products, and Clothing > Sat Navs, Intercoms, Cameras, and other tech gadgets

Zumo 340 Power Cable securing screw - SIZE?

(1/4) > >>

GeoffS:
Yo dudes
Does anybody know the size of the tiny machine screw that secures the power cable to the mounting cradle of a Zumo 340?
The one that I currently own is somewhere on my patio......, mmmmm!
Next question....., where can I get a replacement; machine screw that is, not a patio.
Thanks in advance for all the sarcastic replies..., Healdem, Fac191, Stevie.P, Derchef, T800XC, etc., etc.
Geoff

Derchef1962:
Originally Posted by GeoffS Yo dudes
Does anybody know the size of the tiny machine screw that secures the power cable to the mounting cradle of a Zumo 340?
The one that I currently own is somewhere on my patio......, mmmmm!
Next question....., where can I get a replacement; machine screw that is, not a patio.
Thanks in advance for all the sarcastic replies..., Healdem, Fac191, Stevie.P, Derchef, T800XC, etc., etc.
Geoff

No bloody idea, if no one else can help I'll take mine apart...

Stevie.P:
Originally Posted by GeoffS Thanks in advance for all the sarcastic replies..., Healdem, Fac191, Stevie.P, Derchef, T800XC, etc., etc.
I hate to dissapoint ..... but ...  :430: ... there, let off lightly.

Geoff, it looks to be the same cradle as my Zumo 390. I've just looked in the box as I've had 2 replacement power cables and hoped there may be a spare screw, but there wasn't, I expect it only comes with the whole cradle assembly. But I have the original supplied spare rubber covers for the Zumo itself and noticed on looking under that the micro USB socket rubber cover is secured by a tiny screw,  possibly same/similar, that you could possibly remove and try in the cradle for size and possibly temporary use if needed ... just make sure to secure the USB cover with some good tape. :028:

GeoffS:
Thanks boys
Uli, thanks but donít start taking things apart; Iím sure I can find some way of finding out the size.
Stevie, good shout; Iíll have a look.
Cheers
Geoff

Nothing is impossible, until you canít do it....!

awjdthumper:
I have a Zumo 550 and the power cable screws for this are about 1.8 mm in diameter. They are not BA screws and I assume they must therefore be M1.8 which, unfortunately, come with either 0.2 or 0.35 pitch. I have the means for measuring the pitch and will have a go a bit later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version