Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > ECU Re-Mapping and Tuning

tigertool help needed

(1/1)

ped:
H :183:i connected tigertool v3 to my gen3 tiger to reset service spanner connects to ecu but when i press reset is says service reset but spanner icon still on tft screen has anybody else had this problem. :183:

T800XC:
Originally Posted by ped :183: Hi connected tigertool v3 to my gen3 tiger to reset service spanner connects to ecu but when i press reset is says service reset but spanner icon still on tft screen has anybody else had this problem. :183:
Have you checked the menu on the TFT to see what it shows about the service status?

The TFT will display both distance & date (or days) until the next service is due. Both have to be reset to clear the spanner symbol.

As already replied HERE to one of your questions, the current release of TigerTool doesn't have the option to reset the date. My development version does but it's not yet on general release as I have some Tiger 900 code to fix first.

The following image shows the revised layout of the development version of TigerTool with options to set the service distance or date. You can set the service date reminder at 1-511 days (365 default) from the current date of the PC that's running TigerTool.

characticus:
Also it seems now that the option to reset the time to service (and mileage for that matter) via the TFT screen has been removed from the menu, possibly via a software update? Not sure if was there before last service by dealer but its definitely not there now. This is on a 2019 bike.

Looking forward to the new Tigertool with this implemented. In the meantime I'm planning to set back the calendar to 2020 when the service indicator pops up next month to see if that works.

T800XC:
Originally Posted by characticus Looking forward to the new Tigertool with this implemented. In the meantime I'm planning to set back the calendar to 2020 when the service indicator pops up next month to see if that works.
This has now been fixed. PM me for a download link if you want a copy of the debug code. I'm considering further TigerTool changes so not planning to make a general release until I've decided what those changes might be.

TigerTool V3.2-Dev05 also fixes the Tiger 900 DTC reading problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version