Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Options to strengthen or replace front beak on XC2015  (Read 722 times)

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
Re: Options to strengthen or replace front beak on XC2015
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 09:37:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Newhorizons [+]
Noticed the seat cover, is that one of the no getting your bottom wet covers?

If so does it work well ?

easily one of the best farckles I've invested in - provides nice cool airflow under your butt while riding even though it does amplify any heat coming off the engine (as it does) if you don't faff around with your knees in different positions to change the airflow

not a big issue for me as most of my riding is done up on the pegs and in the dirt

the airflow provided by the cover does avoid puddles forming between the seat and your butt but in our hot & dry conditions, that is very much a secondary benefit to the airflow and spreading the pressure benefits - did a 14-hour non-stop (xcept for fuel, coffee and fags) from Cape Town to Johannesburg and my 60-year old butt didn't even notice it
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »
... Those 2 changes has made a huge difference for the front as upping the dampening doesn't stop the dive, the extra spring preload and a bit of additional oil has!

Me in the fly-weight division so I only give the suspension a hard crack doing jumps and whoops - had to replace front fork seals recently so I guess the suspension is working as it says on the box

... I have also cut of the rear foot peg mounts and can remove my cruise pegs and then fit them into custom mounts for the pillion if needed.... coz have heard if those extensions get bent it may bend your frame as well??

took off the rear pegs when I got the bike (I don't do the pillion thing) - only left the welded-on brackets on the "sub-frame" because I couldn't be bothered to grind them off - besides, I fitted pannier frames to strap on the soft bags I use on trips, so the risk of those brackets being a primary cause of bending the frame in the case of a down, is minimal IMO
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 09:21:31 AM »
Okay, my version of a home made front beak.

This pic is before a coat of black paint on the aluminum bracket under the headlight.

Its only plastic so its light enough that it will only need the rear mounts for stability. I have bent the alum so that it gives just a small curve in the front. Plus its fairly small so hopefully it wont be effected by wind/speed? Its just to clean up the look.

But it doesn't cover the horn or the bottom brackets for the beak ... but those bottom brackets could be a good place to use as mounts for a small light bar.   :152:

Next project the front fender, what an ugly shape that is ... and never going to work with a more aggressive tire and mud.
 :151:

Recent Topics