Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Says something...  (Read 892 times)

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Says something...
« on: May 29, 2021, 09:46:47 AM »
... About dealers thinking when you go in looking for oil/filter/air filter to be told you only need the air filter for the 20,000km service. I'd already said 'for a 2011 Tiger'. So was quite funny when I replied yes I know - I'm doing my 100,000km service. Fair play to the parts guy, an Italian, he smiled after his double take and said your 5th filter then!

Seems they don't expect higher millages. Just to make them feel better I sat on a new monster and the supersport as I'm looking to change. Didn't bother them with the details of my short list but Ducati isn't on it.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Online Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
Re: Says something...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
When my friend bought his new Harley TC88, he went to collect it, and during the handover asked if he could book it for its 500 mile service, sure they said, end of summer?, no, next Saturday says Jim, I'm commuting on it.... They were very confused....
He rode it hard, and sure enough, it fell apart and rusted .....

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 09:28:20 AM »
Service finished now. Just plastics to go back on.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 09:41:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by Londonglide [+]
When my friend bought his new Harley TC88, he went to collect it, and during the handover asked if he could book it for its 500 mile service, sure they said, end of summer?, no, next Saturday says Jim, I'm commuting on it.... They were very confused....

...did the same when I picked up my Tiger back in 2011.
picked it up on the Friday, booked it in for its 500 miler on the same day for the following Tuesday. well it was a gloriouis weekend so why wouldn't you be riding the new bike?  :007:

to be fair Staffs Triumph didn't bat an eyelid, made no comment.  conformed the date and time and I was offski

Moral of the tale don't play poker with Staffs Triumph  :492:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 10:24:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
... picked it up on the Friday, booked it in for its 500 miler on the same day for the following Tuesday.

Similar. Picked it up before work on the Tuesday and booked it straight in for 500 mile service the following Monday. Worked my 4 shifts Tues - Fri and on the Saturday met and joined the S.W Crew guys on the '360 Ride' not knowing how comfortablethe bike would be or how far I would stay with them before dropping out ..... however 372 miles later as one of the few complete ride finishers and certainly not cotton wool run-in of the engine... and around 650 miles on the clock by the time it saw the Monday service.                     :305: :305: :305:      :305: :305:
(that's Greg and T800XC off out front  :008: )
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 12:33:27 PM »
We used to run the production race bikes in overnight. Bike would come out of the crate in the afternoon and my youngest brother would do a couple of hundred km to get home (the the shop was about 10 km from our house). When he got home I would get the night shift and put another 300-400 km on it. The bike would go back to the shop at 8.00 next morning with 600-700 km on it and be stripped down and put back together by lunch time less than 24 hours after it came out of the crate. It wasn't unusual for this to happen on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and for the bike to be totalled before Sunday afternoon.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
My dealer told me they had one guy with a Tiger doing 130'000km and at my 20'000km
he asked me when I bought it again, september 19, he said damn you ride the most of
all our custommers, but nothing major they stand behind the Tigers, it's more than I
can say after my desastrous Honda experience !

You know I'm not a big fan of those last Ducs, they lost a bit of this Italian styling IMO,
now owning a Streetfighter 848 I definitely prefer the older model, they kind of make
the current models so much more easy to ride, that it kind of robs some character of
the classic Ducs, but sure it's a smart move as they'll touch a broader audiance and sell
a lot more... these last days I see so many Multis V4 it's impressive.

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 07:35:26 PM »
Just did the 1000km service on the 2021 at around 1250km and should have had it done sooner but it decided to snow most of April and the first half of May.  And then we went into another "lockdown" here so there was nowhere interesting to go by myself.

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 03:35:52 AM »
Picked up my 900 on a Friday and booked it in for the Monday week for its first service which ended up 1000 kms over the 1000 kms required.
You are only jealous as the voices are speaking to me! Honda 90 Sport, Lambretta 200 GT then a 25 year gap, Harley Davidson 900 Sportster, Harley Davidson 1600 Fat Bob, Triumph Explorer Gen I, Triumph Explorer Gen II, Triumph 900 GT Pro.

Recent Topics