Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Uncomfortable seat.  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCx 2015
Uncomfortable seat.
« on: May 29, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »
Hi there everyone. I got a rather "weird" question mainly for the guys in the group. I own a tiger 800 2015 xcx and my seat is the most uncomfortable of all the seats I've ever sat on. It's the stock one with plenty of foam but the problem I'm facing is that it restricts the blood flow underneath my "privates", right in the middle and it's quite painful and annoying. I've seriously started thinking about carving a line in the midle just like bicycle seats. Has anyone faced the same problem and have you found any solutions?

Offline 93TigerBill

• Tiger Member
Re: Uncomfortable seat.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 11:43:46 PM »
Haven't really had the same problem, but for LD rides I always use an "Airhawk" seat - or equivalent - for comfort.
Turns a ride that's uncomfortable into an 1600 km ride.
Anecdotal comments about padded 'bicycle' shorts being effective alsoi.
Maybe worth a try before cutting up the seat.
 :001:
'93 Tiger 885; '12 Tiger 800XC
IBA #45911; FarRider #89

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 12:37:25 AM »
Hated hated the Airhawk on my 2014 Tiger. It did exactly what the OP complains about. I have used an Airhawk with great success on other bikes.
I have had no issues at all with the Triumph comfort seat fitted as standard to my 2016 XRX. I think it is a slightly different shape to the standard seat.

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 12:49:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Panagiotis [+]
Hi there everyone. I got a rather "weird" question mainly for the guys in the group. I own a tiger 800 2015 xcx and my seat is the most uncomfortable of all the seats I've ever sat on. It's the stock one with plenty of foam but the problem I'm facing is that it restricts the blood flow underneath my "privates", right in the middle and it's quite painful and annoying. I've seriously started thinking about carving a line in the midle just like bicycle seats. Has anyone faced the same problem and have you found any solutions?

It is seriously a 30 minute job. Very easy to do and works perfectly. No need for expensive new seats mate. Also play around with the different height adjustments between front and rear.

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 07:38:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by dragon88 [+]
It is seriously a 30 minute job. Very easy to do and works perfectly. No need for expensive new seats mate. Also play around with the different height adjustments between front and rear.

Yeah ideally I would like to avoid expensive solutions. The funny thing is that the seat itself has plenty of foam for my standards. Not a problem there. It's just the shape I guess. So you would go for carving too?

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 10:34:08 PM »
You could try moving bars back a bit or even using risers. This would alter the angle between your body and your legs. It may help?

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 10:39:41 PM »
Yeah ideally I would like to avoid expensive solutions. The funny thing is that the seat itself has plenty of foam for my standards. Not a problem there. It's just the shape I guess. So you would go for carving too?

Not would mate, have, on several seats. It really is simple, remove the pressure point, no more discomfort. Simply put marks on the cover where it is stapled to the base to help realign, pluck out enough of the staples to get the cover off, remove with a sharp blade the section of offending foam, put the cover back on, align it, make sure its stretched out properly and then restaple. Very easy job mate.

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 10:46:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Matchbox [+]
You could try moving bars back a bit or even using risers. This would alter the angle between your body and your legs. It may help?

The bars where quite back when I got the bike and the result was the same. I just thought it will take some time to get used to it and I haven't had any long trip until yesterday. After 250 miles I was very uncomfortable. I tried getting the seat on the high position today. It was just a bit better but not very much and I'm not very tall so it's definitely not a solution

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 10:48:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by dragon88 [+]
Not would mate, have, on several seats. It really is simple, remove the pressure point, no more discomfort. Simply put marks on the cover where it is stapled to the base to help realign, pluck out enough of the staples to get the cover off, remove with a sharp blade the section of offending foam, put the cover back on, align it, make sure its stretched out properly and then restaple. Very easy job mate.

I think i'll give it a try. Thanks.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »

Hi. I have a memory foam seat (see for sale section) which may help your problem?

Thanks, Matt

Recent Topics

winded-staunch