Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Uncomfortable seat.  (Read 1834 times)

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Uncomfortable seat.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Panagiotis [+]
The bars where quite back when I got the bike and the result was the same. I just thought it will take some time to get used to it and I haven't had any long trip until yesterday. After 250 miles I was very uncomfortable. I tried getting the seat on the high position today. It was just a bit better but not very much and I'm not very tall so it's definitely not a solution

Have you tried putting just the front of the seat on the higher setting so it slopes backwards a bit more than when both ends are high or both ends low?
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCx 2015
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2021, 05:51:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
Have you tried putting just the front of the seat on the higher setting so it slopes backwards a bit more than when both ends are high or both ends low?

No. But i doubt it will do any good. Not to mention it will look very ugly 😂😂

Offline Rooie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 06:46:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]

How did you do that? I have a 2018 tiger 800 xrx and I want to do that as well. I changed the seat on the front side to the high position and the back of the seat to the low position to make the sitting position more flat.
But I don't manage to put the seat back on the motor.
If I put the front of the seat in the right position on the motor, I can't mount the back of the seat on the motor.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 08:45:00 PM »
It's ages ago, I know I put one end higher than the other but I can't remember which way round. I'm pretty sure that it was front higher than rear but this was two or three years ago, and these days breakfast is a mystery by lunchtime.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Rooie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2021, 08:56:23 PM »
 :001:

Well, if you could do than it must be possible. I will try again..

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCx 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2021, 09:06:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rooie [+]
:001:

Well, if you could do than it must be possible. I will try again..

You can get the front low and back high, i've tried that too.. But i don't think it will work the other way around.

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 07:57:07 PM »
I paid a local upholsterer to redo the seat on my 2012, it didn't hurt the block and tackle but my ass would go numb after a couple hours.  The changes made a big difference.

Offline Rooie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2021, 09:39:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Panagiotis [+]
You can get the front low and back high, i've tried that too.. But i don't think it will work the other way around.

OK. I want the front high and the back low because I want the seating position more flat. So I can move to the back if I want to.. Now I'm pushed a little to the rank.

Offline tripletour

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: zx6r rd250 T800
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 11:06:57 PM »
I cut out the back curve of the seat as it put pressure on my tail bone but what I would try first is to fit a cool cover.
These mesh covers work to keep your butt cool but what they also do is provide a subtle soft suspention on top of your seat. I have one over my modified seat and it is a great solution. Your pressure point would sink into the mesh and hopefully not give you any bother.

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2021, 06:26:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by tripletour [+]
I cut out the back curve of the seat as it put pressure on my tail bone but what I would try first is to fit a cool cover.
These mesh covers work to keep your butt cool but what they also do is provide a subtle soft suspention on top of your seat. I have one over my modified seat and it is a great solution. Your pressure point would sink into the mesh and hopefully not give you any bother.

second the motion - damaged my tailbone in an accident while in the army and sitting down for any length of time is uncomfortable/painful

the mesh seat cover solved that issue for me on the bike and even at my age and with a FUBAR tailbone, I ride comfortably all-day

don't judge it by the looks - a Airhawk or one of the other seat cushions look (and cost) far more substantial - but the cool cover just works in spite of its deceptively simple appearance
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Recent Topics