Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Uncomfortable seat.  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCx 2015
Re: Uncomfortable seat.
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2021, 08:51:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
second the motion - damaged my tailbone in an accident while in the army and sitting down for any length of time is uncomfortable/painful

the mesh seat cover solved that issue for me on the bike and even at my age and with a FUBAR tailbone, I ride comfortably all-day

don't judge it by the looks - a Airhawk or one of the other seat cushions look (and cost) far more substantial - but the cool cover just works in spite of its deceptively simple appearance

Thank you all for the replies but my problem doesn't lie on the tail bone or a shore bum. The seat cuts my blood flow to to my genitals. Very weird I know but adding an external "pad" while keeping the same shape I don't think will do any good. I'll try to reshape the interior and see how it goes.

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 06:49:07 PM »
Comfort seat is on sale with Triumph at present - I had an email yesterday - that's if any are left. - worth checking with a local dealer.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2021, 07:42:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Panagiotis [+]
Thank you all for the replies but my problem doesn't lie on the tail bone or a shore bum. The seat cuts my blood flow to to my genitals. Very weird I know but adding an external "pad" while keeping the same shape I don't think will do any good. I'll try to reshape the interior and see how it goes.

I still have my memory foam seat for sale.
Happy for you to return it if it doesnt help.
Details of it here if youre interested. No problem if not.

http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html

Online fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2021, 03:47:11 PM »
Personally considering what you describe i doubt you will cure  it by changing the seat, i never did.

Offline Panagiotis

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCx 2015
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2021, 10:10:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
Personally considering what you describe i doubt you will cure  it by changing the seat, i never did.

My initial thought was not changing it but modifying it. Any suggestions?

Online fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2021, 10:58:27 AM »
I had a seat modified by a guy in Cambridge i think Alistair Else to try to cure the same thing you are talking about. Had nice gel pad put in etc. It was better but i never got rid of that feeling. I tend to sit forward on the bike which probably doesn't help. The reasons i sold my Tiger were the seat issue, fuel capacity, mpg, and it gets blown about in the wind too much. I found this all made it tiring for me to ride at times. New bike cured all that and so glad I took the plunge, Tiger is a great bike and alot of fun but if your not feeling comfortable it's not good for touring etc. I think it's the design of the seat where it goes up the tank. You could have a look to see if Seat Concepts do a kit for it. I put one on my Tenere and its wider at the front and better padded and very comfortable there tiger version could be similar. Dont bother with a triumph comfort seat.

Offline Roger S

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2021, 11:34:00 AM »
I use a sheepskin cover, they are inexpensive, quite to fit. The heated seat still works threw it.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch