Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ooops! Do not do this!  (Read 588 times)

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
Ooops! Do not do this!
« on: May 30, 2021, 08:46:46 AM »
Its a steep learning curve!!!
Yes i managed to make a mess out of a very basic job. I overtightened them when trying to figure out my torque wrench and the next oil change this happened

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Ooops! Do not do this!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 09:03:04 AM »
It is quite common for those to break and car exhaust mounts from an auto shop or ebay etc. are the cheap easy answer. :028:
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,22112.0.html

.... also, are you saying you remove the guard to do an oil change, I have never removed the guard on my 2015 XRt as the drain plug is accessible through the guard. :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 09:25:08 AM »
Radio control engine anti- vibe mounts.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 09:51:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
It is quite common for those to break and car exhaust mounts from an auto shop or ebay etc. are the cheap easy answer. :028:
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,22112.0.html

.... also, are you saying you remove the guard to do an oil change, I have never removed the guard on my 2015 XRt as the drain plug is accessible through the guard. :027:

I do remove the guard when changing the oil to give the guard a good clean and to avoid oil running on it. Seeing the mess now i think maybe it is not worth the trouble.
Thanks for the link. Will seek replacement mounts and nuts since i have also stripped them 

Offline benp1992

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger xrx
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 12:29:15 PM »
Mine have done the same...however half are still on the engine and half on the sum guard...

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 04:27:16 PM »
I bought an oem one from eBay recently, for my 2012 xc. I noticed the part number had changed, and the new part is not as good as the original. The orig had hex steel end plates, and the replacement is just a rubber hex moulded assy. I did successfully clean and superglue the original back together, with good results, so have a spare now.
Progress, I suppose...

Recent Topics