Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Tiger had to be rescued......  (Read 1259 times)

Offline laz

• Tiger Cub
Re: 2019 Tiger had to be rescued......
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 07:07:02 PM »
I had a similar problem some  years ago with my CBF 1000, after a maintenance intervention. An excessive  force applied to extract one of the coils, created a crack on it. The symptoms were the same as yours, especially the absence of the issue with a cold engine. In your case there was no force applied however, it could be that one of the coils was defective. Have a careful look to the coils, those cracks are not easy to discover.

Offline Neogas

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 03:12:43 PM »
 :417: Shes back up and running!

Turned out to be a coil issue. So I swapped all 3 out with some nearly new 2019 XRT with 1500km. Whilst I was in there swapped the air filter for a Hiflo one and the plugs for iridium. Had a short 30km blast this afternoon and shes running smoother than before. I think this coil issue had been developing for some time and I didnt notice it with the relocation and everything!

I also invested in the lead to use tiger tool, which proved no fault codes in the system.

I will leave the oil and filter to the end of the season as I always do, but having now got my fingers dirty on her I will maintain her myself (As I did with my Honda and Guzzi)

Thanks for all the kind suggestions!
"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
― Anonymous

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2021, 05:51:29 PM »
Glad you managed to get to the bottom of the problem. Had it been a car, you would probably have got the dreaded misfire on cylinder # fault code which happens when the ECU detects a miniscule change in engine RPM which usually means a plug or coil issue. I guess motorcycle ECU's don't check for this engine condition?
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2021, 11:30:49 PM »
 :028:
Super !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch