Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 XCX For Sale High Spec!  (Read 431 times)

Offline Lordhammer

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: xcx800
Tiger 800 XCX For Sale High Spec!
« on: June 03, 2021, 09:23:24 AM »
2015 Tiger 800 XCX. I purchased this just over 3 years ago from the original owner (also a member on here) so it has only had 2 owners from new. I set out to make it the best equipped Tiger out there with plans of a long North/South American trip over a year ago but this is now not going to happen. I have spent around 2500 in extras for it, but have only managed 4500 miles in the last 3 years!

Extras -

Adventure Spec crash bars and engine guard
Leo Vince Evo stainless exhaust (Dyna tuned to suit)
Safari 30 litre fuel tank (now has a 300 mile range)
Puig Adjustable Touring screen
SW Motech footpegs
Heated Grips
Barkbuster hand protectors
Evotech Headlight guard
Prolink adjustable height rear shock links
Tutoro auto chain oiler

Being the XCX model it has cruise control, centre stand. Also 2 power outlets plus 2 USB outlets.

Another important modification is that it has removable pillion pegs (the original ones can be dangerous and can damage the frame if dropped)

A set of Nomada aluminium panniers are included, and a GPS mount.

Also has a personalised Tiger number plate! (this was ordered from new with the bike)

All original parts are included and in excellent condition (tank, fairing, screen, crash bars, pipe etc)

Tyres are rear Motoz Tractionator, and front TKC 80, plenty of wear left on them both.

New DID gold chain and sprockets only 500 miles ago.

Just passed the mot, with no advisories.

Looking for 6900 ono

Near Bungay, Suffolk

Any questions please ask.

Cheers, Matt

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:24:57 AM by Lordhammer »

Offline Bikerjimbob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
Re: Tiger 800 XCX For Sale High Spec!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 08:57:08 AM »
Hi Matt,
Lovely bike mate I am sure you will have no trouble selling it, but as I now live in Australia its a bit far for me to come and have a look  :001: anyway good luck with the sale.
Could you give me some more information on the rear foot peg conversion as I have a 2017 XCA and would really like to do the same set up.
Cheers Jim

Offline Lordhammer

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: xcx800
Re: Tiger 800 XCX For Sale High Spec!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 11:45:24 AM »
Hi Jim, cheers, yes I've had a fair bit of interest so I don't think she'll hang around long. Regarding the pillion peg conversion, it took a lot of thought to do the best job - as I'm sure you know most of the pannier frames clamp onto the pillion hangers which I wasn't keen on, so I designed the mod to work around fixing the pannier frames to a more sensible place on the bike frame. I used a set of Givi frames for a Tenere 1200 and made some changes to them. The new pillion pegs bolt to some bar clamps, and it only takes a minute to take them off and on now. I've seen first hand where a friend's Tiger has been written off due to the pillion pegs bending the bike frame after a quite minor fall. And before I made the mod on my bike I nearly broke my leg putting a foot down and getting it caught under the rear peg...!

Recent Topics