Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph parts clearance sale on now  (Read 864 times)

Offline Rustyblack

• Tiger Member
  • Old but not too bold.
  • Bike: Tiger XRx 800
Triumph parts clearance sale on now
« on: June 04, 2021, 10:29:43 PM »
In case you have not heard Triumph are selling off various accessories and parts including some for Tiger 800 at big price reductions.
Check out theor main site under clearance, then you just order from your local dealer at the price on the main website.

Some good savings there.
Always consider that your alter ego may be coming the other way on the road you are on. 💥💀

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
Re: Triumph parts clearance sale on now
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 09:09:00 AM »
Cant find this can you put a link up please?
Thanks

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 09:18:44 AM »
Triumph website ... under 'accessories', download the 'pdf' at bottom of the page ..... but there isn't much there for the Tiger, mainly the sort of stuff most owners would already have.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/accessories/accessory-clearance
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 10:16:01 AM »
Just bought a touring screen to see what difference it makes over the standard one. At a clearance price of 75, I thought it was cheap enough to take a punt!
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 11:05:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by awjdthumper [+]
Just bought a touring screen to see what difference it makes over the standard one. At a clearance price of 75, I thought it was cheap enough to take a punt!

Chances are you will be underwhelmed .... when I test rode the Tiger I was horrified with the screen so on return they let me go straight back out with one with the touring screen fitted ... (for me) just as bad, no improvement.
Bought a Madstad off a fellow forum member and pure bliss at all speeds and I have to force myself to remember it's best to wear my earplugs on long journeys, though I often stop for a break then forget to put them back in.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 12:41:46 PM »
Having tested the duct tape approach the other day (which didn't work), I came to the conclusion that, if the screen was 2" taller or my helmet was 2" lower, it would eliminate most of the buffeting I was experiencing. The touring screen is 2" taller than the standard and so I am curious to see if work better for me. At 75, it was cheap enough to try out and, if not successfully, I am sure I can sell it for at least what I paid!

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 07:18:35 PM »
My new screen arrived today but rather, disappointingly, appears to be the same size as the one already fitted to my 2017 800 XCA. It is not the same part number as the one I ordered but, instead, is part A9701204 which, according to the parts list, is what my XCA originally came with and is described as a 'touring screen'. Does this mean there is a smaller screen that could be fitted to my XCA?

Either way, I'll have to phone the parts supplier tomorrow to find out why I wasn't sent teh screen I ordered??

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:31:44 PM »
Having sent back the screen I got from World of Triumph, I've spent a week phoning them to try to get the correct part delivered. My 2017 800 XCA would have originally come with the low screen (T2305320) but was fitted with the touring screen (A9701204) when I bought it.

What I tried to order was the US High Screen (A9708272) but what I was sent was the same size screen as already fitted; that is, a touring screen. As far as I could see, the screen I sent back had the part number A9701204 embossed on it but WoT insisted it was a US High Screen.

It's possible my understanding of Triumph parts numbers is flawed but, at the end of today's phone call, I'd lost the will to live and asked for a full refund instead :157:

Recent Topics